About This Chapter
PECT PAPA: Positive & Negative Numbers - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to help you answer questions on the PECT PAPA related to positive and negative numbers. Watch short lessons to ensure you're prepared for questions related to:
- Understanding how to determine if a number is positive
- Analyzing how to order a set of negative numbers
- Exhibiting ways to add and subtract negative numbers
- Showcasing knowledge of negative number multiplication and division
You can use the lessons to simplify the studying process by watching them in any sequence, taking self-assessment quizzes before or after watching lessons, and gauging your comprehension of lesson concepts with the chapter exam. The lessons are fun and engaging to watch, thanks to entertaining visual effects.
PECT PAPA: Positive & Negative Numbers Chapter Objectives
Prospective educators who are in the midst of their undergraduate studies can take the PECT PAPA exam, along with the test corresponding to their specific certification area, to acquire initial teaching certification in Pennsylvania. The test is broken into three modules: reading, math and writing. Topics covered in this positive and negative numbers chapter are found in the math module, which consists of 36 selected-response items and is 75 minutes in length. Increase your chances of earning a passing score on this module by utilizing the resources in this chapter. If you have any questions about the lessons, submit them to our expert tutors and coaches.
1. Positive Numbers: Definition & Examples
Numbers can be categorized a variety of ways. In this lesson, learn about positive numbers. Find out how to determine if a number is positive using some simple guidelines.
2. Introduction to Negative Numbers
Watch this video lesson to see how negative numbers appear on the number line. Learn how they are ordered and how you can easily order a set of negative numbers that are given to you.
3. Adding & Subtracting Negative Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to add and subtract negative numbers with ease. Learn what you need to watch for and what will make your job easier.
4. Multiplying & Dividing Negative Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to multiply and divide negative numbers with ease. Learn what to watch for and how to handle the negative signs so that you get the right answer every time.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PECT PAPA: Practice & Study Guide course
- PECT PAPA: Meaning of Words & Phrases in Text
- PECT PAPA: Purpose, Main Idea & Organization of Texts
- PECT PAPA: Analyzing & Interpreting Texts
- PECT PAPA: Drawing Inferences from Texts
- PECT PAPA: Numbers & the Number System
- PECT PAPA: Whole Numbers
- PECT PAPA: Integers
- PECT PAPA: Rational & Irrational Numbers
- PECT PAPA: Decimals
- PECT PAPA: Percents
- PECT PAPA: Fractions
- PECT PAPA: Exponents
- PECT PAPA: Linear & Nonlinear Functions
- PECT PAPA: Inequalities
- PECT PAPA: Basic Measurement
- PECT PAPA: Geometric Concepts
- PECT PAPA: Measuring Geometric Figures
- PECT PAPA: Data & Statistics
- PECT PAPA: Probability
- PECT PAPA: Problem Solving & Reasoning in Math
- PECT PAPA: Writing Structure
- PECT PAPA: Syntax, Grammar & Sentence Structure
- PECT PAPA: Spelling, Capitalization & Punctuation
- PECT PAPA: Writing Strategy
- PECT PAPA: Revising Your Writing
- PECT PAPA Flashcards