About This Chapter
PECT PAPA: Whole Numbers - Chapter Summary
Extend your knowledge of whole numbers so that you'll be ready to take this teacher certification exam. Use the video lessons in this chapter to review the different operations that can be performed with whole numbers before you take on relevant questions on the PECT PAPA examination. Watch and review so that you'll be ready to:
- Identify whole numbers
- Explore the fundamentals of addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Find place values in whole numbers
Experienced teachers lead you through these lessons to remind you of familiar mathematics concepts. Solidify your comprehension of whole numbers in preparation for acing questions on the PECT PAPA examination. Each of this chapter's video lessons is between five and ten minutes long. Study the animated videos at your own pace, and utilize handy features, such as jumping to a specific topic in a video lesson, checking your readiness with short lesson quizzes, and submit any questions to our expert instructors. You can use the written transcripts and printed quiz questions as additional study tools.
PECT PAPA: Whole Numbers Chapter Objectives
The Mathematics section on the PECT PAPA includes questions on multiple mathematics-related topics, including whole numbers. The test is made up of 36 selected-response questions, and you'll have up to 75 minutes to complete the mathematics module.
Rounding out the examination are the Reading and Writing modules, each of which also have 36 selected-response questions. The Reading subarea has a 45-minute time limit, and the Writing module allows up to 75 minutes for completion. You may take all three tests during one session, or complete one at a time.
1. What are Whole Numbers? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will learn about whole numbers , including what they are and what distinguishes them from other types of numbers. We'll also take a look at a few things about whole numbers that sometimes trip students up.
2. Finding Place Values in Whole Numbers
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to find the location of any place value that you are given. You will also be able to identify them in any whole number.
3. Arithmetic with Whole Numbers
There are four basic mathematical operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. These four operations are used in a wide range of everyday skills and are the fundamental blocks of arithmetic.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PECT PAPA: Practice & Study Guide course
- PECT PAPA: Meaning of Words & Phrases in Text
- PECT PAPA: Purpose, Main Idea & Organization of Texts
- PECT PAPA: Analyzing & Interpreting Texts
- PECT PAPA: Drawing Inferences from Texts
- PECT PAPA: Numbers & the Number System
- PECT PAPA: Positive & Negative Numbers
- PECT PAPA: Integers
- PECT PAPA: Rational & Irrational Numbers
- PECT PAPA: Decimals
- PECT PAPA: Percents
- PECT PAPA: Fractions
- PECT PAPA: Exponents
- PECT PAPA: Linear & Nonlinear Functions
- PECT PAPA: Inequalities
- PECT PAPA: Basic Measurement
- PECT PAPA: Geometric Concepts
- PECT PAPA: Measuring Geometric Figures
- PECT PAPA: Data & Statistics
- PECT PAPA: Probability
- PECT PAPA: Problem Solving & Reasoning in Math
- PECT PAPA: Writing Structure
- PECT PAPA: Syntax, Grammar & Sentence Structure
- PECT PAPA: Spelling, Capitalization & Punctuation
- PECT PAPA: Writing Strategy
- PECT PAPA: Revising Your Writing
- PECT PAPA Flashcards