About This Chapter
Percents for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Make completing homework assignments or studying for tests easier for your student by helping him or her review percents using the entertaining lessons in this chapter. Developed by top instructors, the lessons explore different percent concepts to ensure students are able to wrap their minds around topics they've learned in the classroom. Lessons cover percentages and how to calculate percentage error, and quizzes test their comprehension. Any questions about lesson topics can be submitted to our experts.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with percents will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about percents.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding percentages and percentage error
- Students with learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about percents
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about percents
- Students who struggle to understand their math teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover percent topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Review the lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about percents.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands percents by completing the Percents for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Percentages: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever been to the store and saw a sign that said something similar to 50% off? 50% is a percentage! Do you know what that means? We will learn all about percentages in this lesson.
2. How to Calculate Percentage Error
We make guesses all the time - and we are not always correct! In this lesson, we will learn how to figure out the percentage error of an incorrect guess!
3. What is Percentage Error? - Definition & Example
In this lesson, we'll define what percentage error is, why it is useful, and how to calculate it. We'll also look at some examples of when you could use percentage error.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra for Kids course