About This Chapter
Personal Development - Chapter Summary
This chapter is filled with engaging lessons you can use to boost your understanding of personal development. Feel confident that you comprehend self-identity, self-awareness, body image and other related concepts by accessing lessons from your computer or mobile devices. In no time, you will have the knowledge to:
- Define self-identity and self-awareness
- Describe self-concept in psychology
- Share the definition of and exercises for self-discipline
- Discuss self-expression
- Provide facts, statistics and issues associated with body image
Resources in this chapter make it easy to enhance your knowledge of personal development. Access lessons as videos or texts anywhere you can find an Internet connection. Review them in any sequence you desire until you feel confident you understand lesson concepts. Test your knowledge of these concepts by taking short self-assessment quizzes. A chapter exam is also available to gauge your understanding of the lessons.
1. Self Identity: Theory & Definition
Self-identity plays a large and significant role in shaping each of our lives. Learn about self-identity in psychology, and test your understanding with a quiz.
2. Self-Awareness: Definition & Explanation
In this lesson, we'll discuss the definition of self-awareness and its benefits to your life. Discover what can prevent a person from being self-aware, and learn about several tools to help you increase your self-awareness.
3. What Is Self-Concept in Psychology? - Definition & Overview
Self-concept encompasses all that you know about your self. We'll focus on the two broad categories of self-concept - ideal, or imagined, self and actual self - and the negotiation between the two. Then we'll cover five basic tenets of self-concept.
4. Self-Discipline: Definition & Exercises
Self-discipline impacts every area of our lives. In this lesson, we will explore what it is, what it looks like when it is in practice, and how to develop your own self-discipline.
5. Self-Expression: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define self-expression and discuss different ways to show self-expression in daily life and in the classroom. It also explores the importance of healthy self-expression.
6. What Is Body Image? - Definition, Facts, Statistics & Issues
This lesson defines body image, which refers to how people see themselves. It will also discuss the facts, statistics and issues that stem from having a positive and negative body image.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Physical Education Subtest II (130): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Physical Education Test
- Motivation Theory in Teaching Physical Education
- Social Development in a Physical Education Setting
- Factors Influencing Physical Activity Choices
- Fundamental & Rhythmic Movement
- Dance Concepts & Forms
- Aquatic Skills
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Nontraditional & Group Physical Activities
- Fitness Activities
- Physical Education Evaluation & Tests
- Basic Statistical Applications
- Physical Education Assessments & Goals
- CSET Physical Education Subtest 2 Flashcards