About This Chapter
Personal Selling Communication - Chapter Summary
If you need to refresh your knowledge of personal selling communication, simply work through this series of fun marketing lessons and quizzes. Inside the chapter, you'll find concise definitions and memorable explanations of important personal selling concepts, including sales techniques, sales management, relationship selling methods and the personal selling process. We've included lesson quizzes and a chapter exam to help you solidify your understanding of the chapter's terms and concepts. You can work through the chapter at your own pace and access the material 24/7. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Outline the steps of the personal selling process
- Differentiate between relationship selling and traditional sales methods
- Evaluate the purpose of sales management in personal selling
- Recognize effective techniques that help customers in the selling process
- Determine how the sales process is affected by technology and regulations
- Understand how to analyze sales results and activities
1. Personal Selling: The Steps of the Selling Process
This lesson introduces you to the concept of personal selling. You will learn about the steps in the personal selling process, including how to close a deal.
2. Relationship Selling vs. Traditional Methods: Definition and Purpose
Promoting is an important method of communicating the benefits of a product or service. The traditional way of selling does not take into account developing a long-term relationship with customers and is more concerned with just making a sale. The proper way of selling in a marketing environment is relationship selling. This is concerned with solving customer product needs and delivering long-term customer service.
3. The Role of Sales Management in Personal Selling
When it comes to personal selling, the sales team of any company needs the support of the company's sales management. Learn the important role sales management plays in this video lesson.
4. Techniques for Assisting Customers in the Selling Process
In this lesson, we'll explore how to assist customers in the selling process by looking at the practice of customer service and its associated techniques. Check out this lesson to learn about upselling, cross-selling, and product knowledge.
5. How Technology & Regulations Affect the Sales Process
Rapid changes in technology can help salespersons streamline their jobs and automate routine functions. Social media, mobile devices, new applications, and effectively using ''Big Data'' can increase sales. Regulations for small businesses that increase employer costs may add pressure to the sales force to bring in more revenue.
6. How to Analyze Selling Activities & Results
Sales activities are critical for the livelihood of a business. Equally important is having an effective way to analyze sales activities and results. Several methods are explained and examples are provided for each method.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Introduction to Marketing: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Marketing
- Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Market Research & Analysis
- Marketing Environment Basics
- Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- Consumer Behavior, Satisfaction & Loyalty
- Segmentation, Targeting, & Position in Marketing
- Marketing Ethics Basics
- Business Marketing Overview
- Global Business Marketing
- Product & Service Management
- Marketing Channels & Distribution
- Supply Chains & Logistics in Marketing
- Direct Marketing Communications
- Integrated Marketing Communications Overview
- Marketing & Social Media
- TECEP Introduction to Marketing Flashcards