About This Chapter
Photosynthesis Lesson Plans & Activities - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to provide supplemental ideas and materials you can use to enhance your students' learning experience regarding the subject of photosynthesis. You will find out how to incorporate hands-on activities such as artistic projects and physical experiments that your students will enjoy and that will help them better learn about photosynthesis steps and elements.
You can also incorporate video and text lessons into your existing syllabus that will help to present the information about the photosynthesis cycle and reactions in a different and enlightening way. Our lesson plans show you how to use these lessons to generate classroom discussion ideas and also include quizzes your students can take to demonstrate how much they have retained from these lessons.
How It Helps
- Class discussion questions/topics: Employs the use of supplemental video and text lessons to formulate discussions about topics that might not be as deeply explored in traditional lesson plans.
- Activities or games: Helps to clarify details about photosynthesis through hands-on experiments and projects your students can do at home or in the classroom.
- Student engagement: Keeps students' interest piqued and encourages classroom participation and peer interaction through various group activities.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning photosynthesis lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific photosynthesis topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your science class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related photosynthesis lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aspects of photosynthesis.
- Engage your students with relevant photosynthesis-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Photosynthesis Equation Lesson for Kids
In the lesson, learn about how plants use the sun to make energy. Explore what else plants need to make energy, and find out what else plants make in the process.
2. Photosynthesis Games & Activities
There are many ways to teach photosynthesis, so why not include a few of the more fun ones? Take a look at a few of these ideas for games and activities you can use in your classroom.
3. Photosynthesis Project Ideas
Photosynthesis is one of the most important natural processes on Earth. Help students learn about it with these hands-on and minds-on project ideas. Each project is highly flexible to meet the needs of your students.
4. Photosynthesis Lesson Plan for Kids
Teach your students about photosynthesis with this lesson plan. Students will read an informational text lesson that explains how photosynthesis works and complete hands-on activities to make learning meaningful.
5. Photosynthesis Lesson for Kids: Process & Steps
Did you know plants can make their own food? Plants use a process called photosynthesis to make food and oxygen. Learn how plants use carbon dioxide, water and light to run photosynthesis.
6. Calvin Cycle Lesson Plan
The Calvin cycle can be confusing and frustrating for many students. This lesson plan breaks down the steps with a short video and allows time for practice with a hands-on, kinesthetic group activity.
7. Dark Reactions of Photosynthesis: The Calvin-Benson Cycle
Photosynthesis starts out using the energy from sunlight to get things started, but it ends with the dark reactions, which don't need sunshine to complete sugar production. In the Calvin cycle, ATP and NADPH from the light reactions are used to produce sugars.
8. Limiting Factors of Photosynthesis Lesson Plan
Understanding the limiting factors for photosynthesis is not an easy topic for most students. This lesson plan gives students the opportunity to explore these limiting factors though a series of three labs, which will help strengthen student understanding.
9. Photosynthesis Lesson Plan
Enhance your instruction on photosynthesis with a Study.com lesson. You will find directions for an experiment that will give your students hands-on experience observing, documenting and discussing the process of photosynthesis.
10. Photosynthesis Unit Plan
Use this unit plan to guide students of any age through the process of photosynthesis. Starting out with an overview of plant anatomy and life cycle, you can help students build a framework before learning the ins and outs of photosynthesis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Ecology Lesson Plans course