About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering life span developmental psychology material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn life span developmental psychology. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding reproduction during early adulthood or other topics related to physical and cognitive development in early adulthood
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning psychology (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about physical and cognitive development in early adulthood
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra psychology learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Physical and Cognitive development in Early Adulthood chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Adulthood chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on physical or cognitive development in early adulthood. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a physical and cognitive development in early adulthood unit of a standard life span developmental psychology course. Topics covered include:
- Physical changes in early adulthood
- Fertility and pregnancy
- Relativistic thinking and dialectical thought
- Adult development theories
- Effects of higher education on cognitive development
1. Physical Development and Health in Early Adulthood
Despite the fact that most people are fully grown by early adulthood, it is still a time of physical development. In this lesson, we'll explore the physical and health issues that people in early adulthood experience.
2. How to Play Lacrosse: Rules & Scoring
In this lesson you will learn how to play the game of lacrosse. The origin of the sport, player positions, the rules of the game, and scoring will be discussed.
3. Demographic Changes from Fertility and Birthrates
Demographers focus on specific indicators of change in human populations. Two of the most important indicators are birth and death rates, or fertility and mortality. In this lesson, we will discuss the definitions of demography, fertility and mortality and their impact on a population.
4. How to Play Rugby: Rules & Positions
In this lesson, you will learn how to play the exciting sport of rugby. You will learn a little bit about the history of rugby, its basic rules, and about the different positions you can play.
5. Reproduction in Early Adulthood
In their twenties and thirties, many people have children. However, it doesn't always go smoothly. In this lesson, we will explore sex and reproduction in early adulthood, including changes in sex drives and reproductive issues, like infertility.
6. Postformal Thought in Cognitive Development
How do people continue to develop in adulthood? Watch this lesson to discover how adults develop cognitively, including how they become postformal thinkers, and what relativistic thinking and dialectical reasoning involve.
7. Levinson's Stages of Adult Development Theory
There has been a lot of talk about the development of children. But, do people continue to develop into their adult years? Psychologist Daniel Levinson thought so. In this lesson, we will look into his seven stages of adult development.
8. Erikson's Stages of Psychosocial Development: Theory & Examples
How do we form identities as we age and grow? To answer this question, Erik Erikson came up with eight stages of identity formation that revolve around conflict and resolution. Who are you, and who will you become after completing this lesson?
9. Life Influences on Cognitive Development in Early Adulthood
Though adults don't physically grow as they age, they do still grow mentally. In this lesson, we'll look closer at cognitive development in adulthood, including how it is influenced by college and work experiences.
10. What is Disorganized/Disoriented Attachment?
In this lesson, we will examine a specific form of behavior within Attachment Theory. It is called Disorganized/Disoriented attachment, and is often associated with parental neglect or abuse.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life Span Developmental Psychology: Help and Review course
- Domains of Human Development: Help and Review
- Life Span Development Research Methods: Help & Review
- Help & Review for Life Span Developmental Psychology Foundations
- Impact of Genetics in Development & Psychology: Help & Review
- Prenatal Development Concepts: Help and Review
- Physical Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood: Help and Review
- Childbirth and Newborn Characteristics: Help and Review
- Help & Review for Cognitive & Psychosocial Development in Infants & Toddlers
- Help & Review for Physical & Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
- Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood: Help and Review
- Help & Review - Psychosocial & Physical Development in Middle Childhood
- Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood: Help and Review
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence: Help and Review
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence: Help and Review
- Psychosocial Development in Early Adulthood: Help and Review
- Cognitive & Physical Development in Middle Adulthood: Help & Review
- Psychosocial Development in Middle Adulthood: Help and Review
- Physical Development in Late Adulthood: Help and Review
- Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood: Help & Review
- Death and Dying - Stages and Psychological Impact