About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other life span developmental psychology work.
- Identify the physical and cognitive development in early adulthood concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our life span developmental psychology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about physical and cognitive development in early adulthood and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding physical changes, demographic changes, reproduction, stages of development, identity formation, or any other physical and cognitive development topic related to early adulthood
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their psychology learning
- Prefer learning psychology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their physical and cognitive development in early adulthood unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in life span developmental psychology
- Don't have access to their psychology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning physical and cognitive development in early adulthood simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live life span developmental psychology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn physical and cognitive development in early adulthood on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss health and physical changes in early adulthood.
- Examine demographic changes that result from fertility and birthrates.
- Learn about reproduction in early adulthood.
- Describe the characteristics of postformal thought.
- Become familiar with Levinson's adult development theory.
- Understand Erikson's stages of identity formation.
- Take a look at factors that influence cognitive development in early adulthood.
1. Physical Development and Health in Early Adulthood
Despite the fact that most people are fully grown by early adulthood, it is still a time of physical development. In this lesson, we'll explore the physical and health issues that people in early adulthood experience.
2. Demographic Changes from Fertility and Birthrates
Demographers focus on specific indicators of change in human populations. Two of the most important indicators are birth and death rates, or fertility and mortality. In this lesson, we will discuss the definitions of demography, fertility and mortality and their impact on a population.
3. Reproduction in Early Adulthood
In their twenties and thirties, many people have children. However, it doesn't always go smoothly. In this lesson, we will explore sex and reproduction in early adulthood, including changes in sex drives and reproductive issues, like infertility.
4. Postformal Thought in Cognitive Development
How do people continue to develop in adulthood? Watch this lesson to discover how adults develop cognitively, including how they become postformal thinkers, and what relativistic thinking and dialectical reasoning involve.
5. Levinson's Stages of Adult Development Theory
There has been a lot of talk about the development of children. But, do people continue to develop into their adult years? Psychologist Daniel Levinson thought so. In this lesson, we will look into his seven stages of adult development.
6. Erikson's Stages of Psychosocial Development: Theory & Examples
How do we form identities as we age and grow? To answer this question, Erik Erikson came up with eight stages of identity formation that revolve around conflict and resolution. Who are you, and who will you become after completing this lesson?
7. Life Influences on Cognitive Development in Early Adulthood
Though adults don't physically grow as they age, they do still grow mentally. In this lesson, we'll look closer at cognitive development in adulthood, including how it is influenced by college and work experiences.
8. Psychological Disorders: Types & Definitions
This lesson will go over a few examples of psychological disorders and their definitions in detail. The ones covered in this lesson are ADHD, eating disorders, and paraphilic disorders.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life Span Developmental Psychology: Tutoring Solution course
- Domains of Human Development: Tutoring Solution
- Life Span Development Research Methods: Tutoring Solution
- Life Span Developmental Psychology Foundations: Tutoring Solution
- Genetics in Development & Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Prenatal Development Concepts: Tutoring Solution
- Childbirth and Newborn Characteristics: Tutoring Solution
- Physical Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood: Tutoring Solution
- Infant Cognitive & Psychosocial Development: Tutoring Solution
- Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Childhood: Tutoring Solution
- Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood: Tutoring Solution
- Physical & Psychosocial Development in Middle Childhood: Tutoring Solution
- Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood: Tutoring Solution
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence: Tutoring Solution
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence: Tutoring Solution
- Psychosocial Development in Early Adulthood: Tutoring Solution
- Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood: Tutoring Solution
- Psychosocial Development in Middle Adulthood: Tutoring Solution
- Physical Development in Late Adulthood: Tutoring Solution
- Late Adulthood Psychosocial & Cognitive Development: Tutoring Solution
- Death and Dying - Stages and Psychological Impact: Tutoring Solution
- Promoting Learning for All Students