About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your physical and cognitive development in middle adulthood homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your physical and cognitive development in middle adulthood homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Physical changes in middle adulthood
- Changes in the male and female climacteric
- Fitness, health and sexual functioning
- Fluid and crystallized intelligence
- Growth in cognition in adults
- Memory and information processing
- Adult intelligence and creativity
1. Physical Development in Middle Adulthood
Middle age comes with many new physical challenges, from wrinkles to hearing loss to weight gain. This lesson examines many of the signs of aging that are common in middle adulthood and how people can fight middle age weight gain.
2. Male and Female Climacteric Changes in Human Development
During middle age, people's ability to reproduce declines and sometimes even stops. In this lesson, we'll look at climacteric and menopause, in addition to what it's like to go through climacteric changes for both men and women.
3. Health and Fitness in Middle Adulthood
As people age, new health issues can arise. Watch this lesson to find out more about the two most common causes of death in middle age - cancer and cardiovascular disease - and how fitness and personality can combat them.
4. Sexual Functioning in Middle Adulthood
Sexuality is an important part of most adults' lives. But what happens when things change? In this lesson, we'll take a look at the changes regarding sex that often occur in middle age, including sexual dysfunction and changes in the frequency of sex.
5. Two Types of Intelligence: Fluid and Crystallized Intelligence
Are you better at memorizing facts or at assembling a piece of equipment using a diagram? These two tasks illustrate two different types of intelligence proposed by Raymond Cattell known as 'fluid intelligence' and 'crystallized intelligence.' This lesson covers both types and how each type might change over one's lifespan.
6. Cognitive Development in Adults
As people age, they discover that their thought processes change. Though some cognitive abilities decrease in middle age, some increase. In this lesson, we'll look at how executive functioning and wisdom increase in middle age.
7. Memory and Information Processing in Adults
During middle age, many people notice that they aren't as mentally sharp as they once were. During this lesson, we'll look at cognitive abilities that decline in middle adulthood, including information processing and working memory.
8. Knowledge and Change in Intelligence Over Time
In this lesson, we will look at Raymond Cattell's two types of intelligence: fluid and crystallized. We will also look at convergent and divergent ways of thinking and changes in intelligence over time.
9. Adult Creativity and Intelligence: Changes with Age
Does IQ increase as we get older? Does it decrease? Does it remain the same? Explore the different ways to answer these questions and discover the roles of crystallized and fluid intelligence in this lesson.
10. Risk Factors For Divorce
In this lesson, you will learn the prevalence and definition of divorce. You will learn the consequences of divorce, as well. The bulk of the lesson will review 10 of the most common risk factors for divorce.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life Span Developmental Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Domains of Human Development: Homework Help
- Life Span Development Research Methods: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Life Span Developmental Psychology Foundations
- How Genetics Impact Psychology: Homework Help
- Prenatal Development Concepts: Homework Help
- Childbirth and Newborn Characteristics: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood: Homework Help
- Cognitive Development in Infants & Toddlers: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Childhood Physical & Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood: Homework Help
- Homework Help Physical and Psychosocial Development in Middle Childhood
- Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood: Homework Help
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Adulthood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Adulthood: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Middle Adulthood: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Late Adulthood: Homework Help
- Late Adulthood Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Death and Dying: Stages and Psychological Impact: Homework Help