About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your physical and psychosocial development in middle childhood homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your physical and psychosocial development in middle childhood homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Physical growth and motor skills in middle childhood
- Fitness and health
- Educational issues and the role of school
- Emotional and behavioral disorders
- Non-traditional families
- Relationships with peers in middle childhood
- Stress, resilience and adjustment difficulties
- Latchkey and self-care children
1. Physical Development in Middle Childhood
Between the ages of seven and twelve, children physically grow and change in ways that influence every part of their lives. In this lesson, we'll look at the ways that physical and brain development impact emotional and intellectual abilities.
2. Health and Fitness in Middle Childhood
The United States is facing a crisis of childhood obesity. But how can we fight this epidemic? Watch this video to learn about how children grow in middle childhood and how fitness and nutrition can help with the problem of obesity.
3. Bilingual Education, Immersion & Multicultural Education
Educators use many approaches for second-language instruction. The approaches vary based on the individual needs of the learner, focusing on his or her current language abilities, background, and cultural experiences. This lesson will differentiate between the different types of second-language instruction, including immersion, bilingual education, and multicultural education.
4. Behavioral Characteristics of Children with Asperger Syndrome
If you have never met a person with Asperger syndrome, you might wonder how they differ from you. In this lesson, we'll explore the behaviors common to people with Asperger and other autism spectrum disorders.
5. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Definition of ADHD
This lesson explores common characteristics of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as well as the best practices for teaching learners with this disorder.
6. What Is a Non-Traditional Family? - Definition of Options
Although traditional families once dominated many neighborhoods, today, there are lots of ways to form a family beyond the traditional idea of a married mother and father raising children.
7. Peer Relationships in Middle Childhood
As children grow, they become more independent of their parents and turn to their peers more often. In this lesson, we'll examine children's evolving concepts of friendship, peer group norms, social conformity, and social comparison.
8. The Role of School in Children's Social & Emotional Development
Every parent knows how much school can influence a child. But in what ways is this influence positive? In this lesson, we'll examine how going to school can impact a child's development, including how children learn from each other and how motivation impacts achievement.
9. Stress and Resilience in Middle Childhood
Childhood can be a stressful time. But what causes children to feel stress, and how can they deal with it? Watch this lesson to find out what factors impact how much stress a child feels, and what properties of resilience allow children to deal with stress.
10. Adjustment Difficulty in Middle Childhood
What happens when a child has social or emotional problems? In this lesson, we'll look at adjustment issues in middle childhood, including anxiety, school phobia and depression, and what parents can do to help their children.
11. Social Issues in Middle Childhood & Their Effects on Development
Children grow and develop in many ways. But sometimes issues at home or school can get in the way of development. In this lesson, we'll look at some issues that might contribute to developmental problems in a child's life.
12. Latchkey and Self-Care Children in Middle Childhood
Latchkey kids have to take care of themselves when they are home alone. But is this a good thing or a bad thing? In this lesson, we'll look at some of the benefits and drawbacks of self-care in middle childhood.
13. The Effect of Culture, Socialization & Culture Shock on Education
In this lesson we will explore the effect of culture on the socialization of children. We will also seek to understand the impact that culture has on their educational experiences.
14. Single Parenthood: Definition & Effects on Children
What does it mean to be a single parent? How might single parenthood influence both children and their parents? In this lesson, we'll explore the impact that single parenthood can have on children and single parents.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life Span Developmental Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Domains of Human Development: Homework Help
- Life Span Development Research Methods: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Life Span Developmental Psychology Foundations
- How Genetics Impact Psychology: Homework Help
- Prenatal Development Concepts: Homework Help
- Childbirth and Newborn Characteristics: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood: Homework Help
- Cognitive Development in Infants & Toddlers: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Childhood Physical & Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood: Homework Help
- Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood: Homework Help
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Adulthood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Adulthood: Homework Help
- Middle Adulthood - Physical and Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Middle Adulthood: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Late Adulthood: Homework Help
- Late Adulthood Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Death and Dying: Stages and Psychological Impact: Homework Help