About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your physical development in late adulthood homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your physical development in late adulthood homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Life expectancy and life span
- Sensory and motor changes
- Sleep patterns and physical appearance
- Fitness, health and sexuality
- Alzheimer's and dementia
- Health care treatments and costs
- Programmed and damage theories of aging and death
1. Life Expectancy and Life Span: Definition & Factors
Life expectancy is the average length of time that an individual in society will live, whereas life span is the actual length of time that a specific individual lives. Learn about the definitions and factors of life expectancy and life span.
2. Sensory and Motor Changes in Late Adulthood
During late adulthood, or life after the age of 65, the body goes through many changes. Learn about the decline in sensory and motor skills during this stage of life and understand why these changes occur.
3. Physical Appearance and Sleep Patterns in Late Adulthood
Late adulthood, which is age 65 and older, can bring changes in one's physical appearance and sleep patterns. Study the definition of late adulthood and how physical appearance and sleep patterns change at this stage in life.
4. Health, Fitness, and Sexuality in Late Adulthood
When moving into late adulthood, people often experience health issues due to lack of fitness and healthy diet as well as a decrease in sexuality. Learn more about these problems in late adulthood, including tips and benefits of improving diet, exercise, and sexual health.
5. Dementia and Alzheimer's: Differences & Impact on Aging
Dementia is a cognitive disorder that causes memory loss, while Alzheimer's is a disease that causes dementia. Learn about the definitions of dementia and Alzheimer's, and explore examples to understand their differences and impact on the aging process.
6. Health Care Treatment in Late Adulthood
In late adulthood, health care treatments often address chronic illnesses. Explore the common health issues of late adulthood and review what health facilities are available, including doctor's offices, outpatient facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, and hospice facilities.
7. Theories of Aging and Death: Programmed Theories vs. Damage Theories
The theories of aging and death, which are programmed theories and damage theories, work together to give a possible explanation for aging and death. Explore the events of aging and death, damage theories, programmed theories, and their interaction.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Life Span Developmental Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Domains of Human Development: Homework Help
- Life Span Development Research Methods: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Life Span Developmental Psychology Foundations
- How Genetics Impact Psychology: Homework Help
- Prenatal Development Concepts: Homework Help
- Childbirth and Newborn Characteristics: Homework Help
- Physical Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood: Homework Help
- Cognitive Development in Infants & Toddlers: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Childhood Physical & Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Childhood: Homework Help
- Homework Help Physical and Psychosocial Development in Middle Childhood
- Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood: Homework Help
- Physical and Sexual Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Adolescence: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Early Adulthood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development in Early Adulthood: Homework Help
- Middle Adulthood - Physical and Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Psychosocial Development in Middle Adulthood: Homework Help
- Late Adulthood Cognitive Development: Homework Help
- Death and Dying: Stages and Psychological Impact: Homework Help