About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Physical Development & Psychology chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Early childhood development||Physical growth, motor development and brain development of young children|
|Tuesday||Middle childhood development||Physical growth and motor development of children aged 7-12|
|Wednesday||Adolescent growth||Development for ages 13-20; puberty and growth spurts|
|Thursday||Early and middle adulthood development and health||Health and wellness for adults aged 20-40 and 40-65; nutrition, stress, exercise, lifestyle and coping methods; aging, menopause|
|Friday||Life expectancy||Life expectancy vs. life span; GERD|
1. Physical Development in Early Childhood
Between the ages of two and seven, children grow and develop dramatically. Watch this lesson to look at some of the physical developments in early childhood, including balance, fine motor coordination and brain development.
2. Physical Development in Middle Childhood
Between the ages of seven and twelve, children physically grow and change in ways that influence every part of their lives. In this lesson, we'll look at the ways that physical and brain development impact emotional and intellectual abilities.
3. Physical Growth in Adolescence
Adolescents go through many physical changes. Watch this lesson to find out some of the physical developments that happen during adolescence, including those related to puberty, growth spurts and gender differences in growth.
4. Physical Development and Health in Early Adulthood
Despite the fact that most people are fully grown by early adulthood, it is still a time of physical development. In this lesson, we'll explore the physical and health issues that people in early adulthood experience.
5. Physical Development in Middle Adulthood
Middle age comes with many new physical challenges, from wrinkles to hearing loss to weight gain. This lesson examines many of the signs of aging that are common in middle adulthood and how people can fight middle age weight gain.
6. Life Expectancy and Life Span: Definition & Factors
Everyone wants to live forever, but the truth is that we all have only a limited time to be alive. In this lesson, we'll look at life expectancy and life span, as well as factors that can influence how long a person lives.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Psychology Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- History of Psychology Lesson Plans
- Research Methods in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Data Collection in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Sampling in Psychological Research Lesson Plans
- Measurement in Psychological Research Lesson Plans
- Statistics in Psychological Research Lesson Plans
- Evaluating Psychological Research Lesson Plans
- Biological Bases of Behavior Lesson Plans
- Sensation & Perception Lesson Plans
- Motivation & Needs Lesson Plans
- Emotion in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Stress in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Life Span Developmental Psychology Lesson Plans
- Theories for Life Span Development Lesson Plans
- Biological Development in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Sensory & Perceptual Development Lesson Plans
- Cognitive Development Lesson Plans
- Social Development in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Personality Development & Theories Lesson Plans
- Learning & Conditioning in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Memory & Cognition in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Intelligence Testing in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Sleep & Other States of Consciousness Lesson Plans
- Basics of Social Psychology Lesson Plans
- Basics of Abnormal Psychology Lesson Plans
- Theories of Abnormal Psychology Lesson Plans
- Abnormal Disorders in Psychology Lesson Plans
- Treatment of Psychological Disorders Lesson Plans
- Legal & Ethical Issues in Psychology Lesson Plans