About This Chapter
Physical Education Class Planning - Chapter Summary
Learn about physical education planning by studying the engaging lessons contained in this chapter. Take a look at physical education programs that foster cognitive development, and program design using national and state standards. Review other lesson information, such as:
- Physical education instruction and activities for the right age group
- PE lesson plan analysis
- PE programs that are student-centered
- Physical education programs that address different learning styles
- Diverse students in the PE class
Lessons are short and are made to be completed anytime you have a little spare time. Log in on your mobile device from wherever you are, complete a lesson or two, and return to what you were doing. Track your progress on your dashboard. Use the self-assessment quizzes we have provided as you go.
1. Identifying Level-Appropriate Sports & Recreational Activities
In this lesson, we'll discuss some sports and recreational activities that are appropriate for different ages, different purposes, and also for varying developmental levels.
2. Age-Appropriate Physical Education Activities & Instruction
Physical education is an important aspect of a child's coordination and development, and it helps students engage in exercise. Use this lesson to understand how to tailor activities to each child's developmental level.
3. Fostering Cognitive Development in Physical Education Programs
This lesson discusses strategies for using physical education to promote critical thinking, goal-setting, decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills in students.
4. Analyzing Physical Education Lesson Plans
Teachers need to keep several aspects in mind when designing lessons, like skill level and purpose. This lesson describes necessary components of physical education lesson plans and details what aspects to include.
5. Designing PE Programs Based on National & State Standards
This lesson will teach you how to design effective standardized physical education programs. It'll guide you through the process of backwards planning and evaluating to create the depth and order of the content.
6. Student-Centered Physical Education Programs
In this lesson, you'll learn about the concept of student-centered learning and how it applies to physical education. You'll also learn about the goals of, and potential issues with, this approach.
7. Addressing Different Learning Styles in PE Programs
Each student is unique and deserves the opportunity to approach learning in his or her own way. This lesson discusses appropriate physical education strategies and resources that address diverse learning styles.
8. Accommodating Diverse Students in Physical Education Class
You're going to learn how methods of instruction, activities, rules, and equipment can be altered in order to accommodate students of different cultures, languages, and physical abilities in this lesson.
9. Methods for Teaching Physical Education Lessons
Do you recall the sometimes fun and other times exasperating days of physical education class? In this lesson, we discuss various methods for teaching physical education lessons.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Physical Education Subtest I (129): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Physical Education Test
- Physical Fitness & Development
- Motor Learning & Development
- Body Systems
- Motion & Movement
- Effects of Exercise
- Components of Wellness
- Physical Fitness Testing & Prescription
- Safety, Injury Prevention & First Aid
- Physiological Principles of Fitness
- Physical Individual & Team Activities
- Positive Effects of Fitness
- Physical Education Student Assessments
- CSET Physical Education Subtest 1 Flashcards