About This Chapter
Physical Education Program Goals & Administration - Chapter Summary
These lessons are on physical education program goals and administration. You will get to know purposes and current trends of PE, supervision and monitoring strategies, and selection and care of PE equipment, facilities, and technical resources.
You will see information including:
- Physical education philosophies and goals
- Physical education programs that are student-centered
- Effective management of physical education programs
- Materials for physical education program instruction
- Allocation and management of resources used in PE programs
- Criteria used for PE program evaluations
Lessons each take about five to ten minutes to complete. Log in from your computer or mobile device to work on your studies. Use each lesson's accompanying quiz as a quick test to ensure you understood the material you just studied. Track your progress on your dashboard, and if you have any question on the material you are studying you can use the feature we provide for contacting a Study.com expert.
1. Goals & Philosophies of Physical Education
This lesson gives you an overview of the philosophy, goals, purposes, and current trends in physical education. You'll learn how all of this ends up benefiting students in many ways.
2. Student-Centered Physical Education Programs
In this lesson, you'll learn about the concept of student-centered learning and how it applies to physical education. You'll also learn about the goals of, and potential issues with, this approach.
3. How to Effectively Manage P.E. Programs
As a PE teacher, thinking about how to manage your program can make a big difference in how well you are able to instruct your students. This lesson discusses techniques for effective management of PE programs.
4. Instructional Materials for Physical Education Programs
Determining the right materials to choose for use in a PE program can make a big difference in the program's efficacy. This lesson discusses strategies you can use to select strong instructional materials.
5. How to Allocate & Manage Resources in P.E. Programs
As a PE teacher, you have many different materials and human resources to think about and manage. This lesson discusses some of the concepts and strategies you can use to help yourself allocate and manage these resources.
6. Criteria for Evaluating Physical Education Programs
This lesson goes over many of the different criteria that can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of a physical education program. You'll learn about criteria pertaining to equipment, the environment, learning, and student-teacher interactions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Physical Education EC-12 (158): Practice & Study Guide course
- Motor Skill Development in Children
- Biomechanical Principles
- Sports & Recreational Activities
- Softball Rules & Skills
- Soccer History & Rules
- Volleyball History & Rules
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports Skills
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Physical Activity, Exercise & Fitness
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Muscular Strength & Flexibility in Fitness
- Health & Wellness in Childhood & Adolescence
- Nutrition & Health for Children
- Instructional Pedagogy
- Role of Physical Education in Student Learning
- Physical Education Teacher Planning & Instruction
- Positive Physical Education Learning Environments
- Effective Communication in Physical Education Classrooms
- Student Assessment Types
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Using Technology in Physical Education
- Professional Development for Physical Education Teachers
- Laws & Legislation Affecting Physical Education
- Safety & First Aid for the Physical Education Classroom
- TExES Physical Education EC-12 Flashcards