About This Chapter
Physical Health & Wellness Education - Chapter Summary
Take a look at this mobile-friendly chapter to review fundamental concepts in physical health and wellness education. Containing informative and concise lessons, this chapter outlines early education and physical education subject matter as well as PE teaching methods and instructional concepts pertaining to healthy living. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand physical education subject matter in an integrated curriculum
- Apply methods to be utilized when teaching students about physical education
- Teach young students about making healthy lifestyle choices
The chapter is available 24/7, and it comes with short self-assessments to help you check your comprehension of the material. You can use any Internet-connected device to access the chapter, and our instructors are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also revisit these resources as many times as necessary.
1. Integrated Curriculum: Physical Education Subject Matter
In this lesson, we will discuss ways to integrate curriculum from other subject areas into physical education. We will at look ways to enhance classroom concepts through P.E. activities.
2. Methods for Teaching Physical Education Lessons
Do you recall the sometimes fun and other times exasperating days of physical education class? In this lesson, we discuss various methods for teaching physical education lessons.
3. Teaching Children to Make Healthy Life Choices
Healthy life choices are important, but how can we teach children to do this? In this lesson, we'll go over five steps to teaching healthy choices and see how they can be applied.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531): Practice & Study Guide course
- Development of Young Children
- Basics of Early Childhood Education
- Influences on Early Childhood Development
- Language Development in Children
- Atypical Development & Delays
- Federal Legislation Related to Children With Exceptionalities
- Accommodating Children With Diverse Needs
- Adaptive & Assistive Equipment for Learning
- Multicultural & Antibias Curriculum
- Early Childhood Classroom Safety
- Learning Environments in Early Education
- Managing the Learning Environment
- Instructional Planning for Early Education
- Instructional Processes for Early Education
- Grouping Techniques for Classrooms
- Integrated Curriculum & Interdisciplinary Connections for ECE
- Art Education for Early Childhood
- Fundamentals of Literacy in Early Education
- Fundamentals of Math in Early Education
- Fundamentals of Social Studies in Early Education
- Fundamentals of Science in Early Education
- Assessment Data in Early Education
- Early Childhood Educational Technology
- Assessments in Early Childhood Education
- Professional Development for Early Childhood Teachers
- Ethics & Professionalism in Early Education
- Family Collaboration & Advocacy in Early Childhood Education
- Praxis Pre-Kindergarten Education Flashcards