About This Chapter
Piloting Scrum in an Organization - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, your managers can review a handful of lessons about Scrum and its applications in the workplace. The chapter includes expert instruction on a variety of basic Scrum concepts, including Agile pilot projects, Scrum rules, Scrum documentation, the implementation of Scrum management and more.
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to reinforce essential Scrum terms and concepts. The chapter is entirely self-paced, and managers can access the material on any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Managers will become more aware of fundamental Scrum management concepts.
- Outlines Scrum processes: Lessons show managers exactly how to incorporate Scrum in the workplace.
- Establishes Scrum skills: The chapter is designed to help your company's managers better understand Scrum methodology and cultivate effective Scrum skill sets.
By the end of the chapter, your company's managers should be able to:
- Differentiate between Agile and Scrum
- Evaluate the process of planning, developing and implementing an Agile pilot project
- Outline the entire Scrum development process
- Describe the process, values, principles, rules and best practices for Scrum
- Utilize the Scrum documentation process
- Implement Scrum management
- Define the concept of Scrum velocity
1. What is the Difference Between Agile & Scrum?
In this lesson we'll discuss the Agile and Scrum project management techniques and their relationship to each other. We'll explore similarities, differences, and when it would be appropriate to use each one.
2. Scrum Development Process Overview
This lesson defines scrum in a nutshell. After this lesson, you will have a basic understanding of the meetings, roles, and artifacts and how they are interconnected.
3. Scrum: Rules & Best Practices
Scrum is the most popular Agile software development methodology at the moment. Become acquainted with its rules, and learn to apply the best practices!
4. Scrum: Process & Examples
Scrum: It sounds like a silly word, but it's an effective, popular software development framework. This lesson explains the scrum process and provides examples.
5. Values & Principles of Scrum
The values of Scrum are extremely important to understand as they are considered its foundation. In this lesson, you will gain a better understanding of the values behind the Scrum framework.
6. Scrum Documentation: Process & Example
Scrum is an alternative to the different aspects of traditional project methodology, including extensive documentation. Rather than a lack of documentation, the goal is to document only what is necessary. Learn the process of Scrum documentation.
7. Implementing Scrum Management
Scrum management is a methodology designed to deliver software products faster and with a higher level of quality. This lesson will provide a guideline for implementing the scrum methodology.
8. Scrum Velocity: Definition & Calculation
The main questions for a project are when and how efficiently it will be completed. In most project methodologies, there are numerous calculations and measurements to answer these questions. In Scrum, only velocity is needed to provide the answers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.