About This Chapter
Place & Distribution in Business - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides you with the opportunity to review details about distribution channels and systems that play a role in product marketing. Lessons use examples and definitions to ensure that you fully understand and retain this information.
Delve into the role of distribution strategies and how companies benefit from effective distribution practices as well as why this is important to the marketing mix. After you have completed reviewing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Define the term 'marketing mix' and describe the concept of place in this mix
- Identify types of distribution systems and channels used in marketing
- Discuss distribution strategies used by retail businesses
- Detail the process of producing goods and making them available to consumers
This chapter offers easy accessibility at all times, from any device, and expert instructors that present the material in a simple and engaging manner. Lesson transcripts are also printable so you can create handy offline reference tools. Use your Dashboard to track your progress and the self-assessment quizzes can measure how much you have learned and retained from each lesson.
1. Place in the Marketing Mix: Definition & Concept
In this lesson, we'll define the marketing mix and then focus specifically on one element of the marketing mix - place. This element is used to ensure products are available at the right location at the right time.
2. Distribution Channels in Marketing: Definition, Types & Examples
A distribution channel is a necessity in business. This lesson will discuss these channels, the types of distribution systems, and the goods and services that move along these channels.
3. Distribution System: Definition & Types
In this lesson about distribution systems we will grasp how the collaboration of various procedures is linked together to aid supply of products and services to meet demand. An ensuing quiz will test your knowledge.
4. Retail Distribution Strategies
Retailers, such as department stores, discount stores and boutiques, sell most consumer products. In this lesson, you'll learn about different retail distribution strategies that manufacturers employ to get their products in front of consumers.
5. Physical Distribution in Marketing: Definition, Functions & Importance
In this lesson, we'll be looking at physical distribution and the movement of finished goods from production to consumer. We will explore the functions of physical distribution and its importance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the HSC Business Studies: Exam Prep & Syllabus course
- Nature of Business
- Types of Business
- Business Industries in Australia
- Influences on Businesses in Australia
- Stakeholders in Business
- Business Cycle
- Global Markets in Business
- Management Skills
- Management Approaches
- Management Processes
- Business Planning & Strategy
- Business Forecasting
- Business Strategies & Values
- Operations Management & Inventory Management
- Scheduling in Operations Management Overview
- Supply Chain Management in Business
- Marketing Roles & Objectives
- Types of Markets
- Influences of Marketing in Australia
- Marketing Information & Research
- Marketing Strategy in Business
- Pricing Strategy in Business
- Promotion in Marketing
- International Marketing Basics
- Business Financing in Australia
- Financial Planning & Implementation
- Financial Monitoring & Control
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Management Overview
- Global Financial Management
- HRM: Human Resources Management
- Employee Acquisition & Development
- Human Resource Metrics & Measurement
- Employee Separation
- Legal Considerations in Australian HR
- HSC Business Studies Flashcards