About This Chapter
PLACE Marketing: Business Technology - Chapter Summary
Refresh your knowledge of business technology as you prepare to take the PLACE Marketing Education assessment. By reviewing the fun video lessons in this chapter, you can answer questions on the exam that address the following:
- Analyzing the characteristics and development of business technology
- Examining how technology helps achieve business success
- Understanding the Internet's impact on business operations and interactions
- Determining the impact of information technology on the economy
- Identifying ethical issues in managing technology in business
- Analyzing computer security and threat prevention
- Examining the impact of technology on privacy
The video lessons offer a comprehensive overview of business technology to help you prepare for the exam. You can review the lessons at any time, allowing you to absorb the information at your own pace.
Objectives of the PLACE Marketing: Business Technology Chapter
The PLACE Marketing Education assessment is designed to test your comprehension of the concepts and principles of marketing to ensure you're qualified to secure marketing educator licensure in Colorado. The topics covered in the PLACE Marketing: Business Technology chapter are found in the marketing subarea of the exam. The video lessons in this chapter on business technology can strengthen your comprehension of the materials, while self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam offer access to questions formatted similarly to those you'll encounter on the exam.
The assessment is composed of multiple-choice questions, most of which requiring you to examine a short paragraph, sentence or question related to the test objectives. Following each question is a set of four answers. You will be asked to choose one of the four as the best option.
1. What is Business Technology? - Characteristics & Development
Technology is the essence of change in business and society. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, its characteristics, its historical phases and how innovation is fueled today.
2. How Technology Helps Achieve Business Success
Technology can help aid in the success of a business and has a winner-take-most-market reality for those with the best and most efficient technologies. In this lesson, you will learn the key ways technology helps businesses become leaders in their market.
3. The Internet's Impact on Business Operations & Interactions
In this lesson, you will learn how the Internet and other technological innovations have changed the way organizations operate and interact with their stakeholders.
4. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
5. Business Strategies: Market Advantages Provided by Information Systems
What business strategies might an information system use? We'll take a look at the concepts of business process modeling, process re-engineering, total quality management and competitive advantage and see how they relate to information systems.
6. Ethical Issues in Managing Technology in Business
It is a challenge for companies to balance the need for technology with the elements of privacy and security. Let's analyze some ethical issues, such as information security, balancing the privacy of employees with the need for monitoring employees, file sharing, and copyright infringement.
7. Computer Security & Threat Prevention for Individuals & Organizations
Computer security and threat prevention is essential for individuals and organizations. Effective security measures can reduce errors, fraud, and losses. This lesson will explore unintentional threats and intentional threats. Various security measures and defenses will be explored, including encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, passwords, back-ups, and biometric security.
8. Impact of Technology on Privacy
Technology has a number of social and ethical implications that cause debate and concern. One specific issue is privacy. Information technology has opened up society and decreased privacy. This lesson will explore a number of privacy issues that are of concern, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
9. Impact of e-Commerce and m-Commerce on Consumer Privacy and Fraud
There are a number of challenges in the world of e-commerce and m-commerce stemming from the ease of information exchange over the Internet. The issues discussed in this lesson include consumer privacy and fraud.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Marketing Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: External Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Pricing Objectives & Strategy
- PLACE Marketing: Basic Math Concepts
- PLACE Marketing: Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- PLACE Marketing: Sales Promotion
- PLACE Marketing: Entrepreneurship
- PLACE Marketing: Accounting
- PLACE Marketing: Finance
- PLACE Marketing: Macroeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Microeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- PLACE Marketing: Employee Staffing & Retention
- PLACE Marketing: Business Laws & Regulations
- PLACE Marketing: Computer Literacy
- PLACE Marketing: Information Systems
- PLACE Marketing: Business Communication
- PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning
- PLACE Marketing: Employment Skills
- PLACE Marketing: Career Development
- PLACE Marketing Education Flashcards