About This Chapter
PLACE Marketing: Career Development - Chapter Summary
Make preparing for the PLACE Marketing Education assessment simple with the help of the engaging video lessons in this chapter. Get reacquainted with career development to ensure you're prepared to address the following on the exam:
- Defining career management and development
- Analyzing career development theories
- Identifying establishment, advancement and other career stages
- Examining types of opportunities to grow in your career
- Understanding how to advance in your career
- Reviewing how to network for career success
- Finding and relating to a career mentor
Instructors in the video lessons offer methods and definitions to ensure you're prepared to answer questions related to career development on the assessment. The videos also showcase entertaining visual effects that make the learning process fun.
Objectives of the PLACE Marketing: Career Development Chapter
The PLACE Marketing Education assessment tests how well you understand the principles of marketing as you prepare to teach in the classroom setting and secure your educator license in Colorado. The topics covered in this PLACE Marketing: Career Development chapter are located in the marketing education and careers subarea of the exam. You can watch the engaging video lessons in this chapter to strengthen your knowledge of the subject area as you prepare for the assessment. Lesson quizzes are also available to gauge your comprehension of the materials.
All of the questions on the exam are multiple-choice and based on specific test objectives. You will be required to read a short paragraph, sentence or question then select the appropriate answer from four available options.
1. What Is Career Management and Development? - Definition and Purpose
Companies can invest in both their managers and employees through career management and development systems. These programs offer counseling, planning and workshops to help employees manage their careers.
2. Career Development Theories
Career theories help us work with others in making career decisions. This lesson will tell you about the most popular theories of career decision making.
3. Career Stages: Establishment, Advancement, Maintenance & Withdrawal
A career stage model explains the four stages that individuals pass through in their careers. The four stages consist of establishment, advancement, maintenance and withdrawal.
4. Types of Opportunities to Grow in Your Career
Everyone wants to move forward in their careers, but how can you do that? In this lesson, we'll look at the two major types of career advancement, internal and external, and how to make the best of both.
5. How to Advance in Your Career: Process & Expectations
How do you get a promotion or move to a better job? Watch this lesson for tips and tricks to advance in your career, including how to set goals and be proactive when it comes to career success.
6. Networking for Career Success: How to Make Professional Contacts
Having a strong network of business contacts can really help out your career. But how do you build a network? In this lesson, we'll look at ways to make contacts, including tips for networking.
7. How to Find and Relate to a Career Mentor
A mentor can help a person advance in their career and give them advice when they are in difficult situations. Watch this lesson to learn how to find a mentor and how to nurture that relationship over time.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Marketing Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: External Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Pricing Objectives & Strategy
- PLACE Marketing: Basic Math Concepts
- PLACE Marketing: Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- PLACE Marketing: Sales Promotion
- PLACE Marketing: Entrepreneurship
- PLACE Marketing: Accounting
- PLACE Marketing: Finance
- PLACE Marketing: Macroeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Microeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- PLACE Marketing: Employee Staffing & Retention
- PLACE Marketing: Business Laws & Regulations
- PLACE Marketing: Business Technology
- PLACE Marketing: Computer Literacy
- PLACE Marketing: Information Systems
- PLACE Marketing: Business Communication
- PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning
- PLACE Marketing: Employment Skills
- PLACE Marketing Education Flashcards