About This Chapter
PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning - Chapter Summary
Questions on marketing education, employment skills and marketing careers are plentiful on the PLACE Marketing Education exam. Covering topics like career planning, career assessments and goal setting, the video lessons in this chapter will get you prepared for such test items. After viewing the videos, you should be ready to do the following:
- List the stages of career planning
- Evaluate college options and their impact on careers
- Identify forms of financial aid
- Discuss marketing degree and career options
- Describe realistic career goal setting
- Explain how to maximize internships
- Distinguish between job and career
- Recognize the types of career assessments
- Understand how to use online career research tools
With our brief videos, you can strengthen your comprehension of these topics whenever you have a few minutes available in your schedule. Instructors use graphics, examples and simplified explanations to make sure you understand topics like online career research tools or career goal setting. All of the lessons come with a video transcript and a self-assessment quiz.
PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning Chapter Objectives
A multiple-choice assessment exam, the PLACE Marketing Education test contains questions designed to assess your readiness for a marketing teacher license in Colorado. The test items adhere to objectives broken into three categories.
One of those content areas focuses solely on the marketing education and career planning topics discussed in this chapter. You can use the lessons' multiple-choice quizzes to help you review concepts and gain experience answering questions like those on the PLACE exam.
1. Career Planning Timeline for College Students
How early is too early to start planning your career? And what should you do to prepare for seeking a job? In this lesson, we'll look at a typical career planning timeline, as well as the different stages of career planning.
2. How to Evaluate Your College Options
Choosing a college can be a hard decision. There are many options when it comes to college, which can make students feel confused. Watch this lesson to find out what college options are commonly considered and how to deal with competing priorities.
3. How Much Does Your School Choice Affect Your Career?
Does which school you attend affect your career choices? In this lesson, we'll look at the ways that school choice does and does not affect your career and cover the factors that are more important than school in a job hunt.
4. Do I Qualify for Scholarships or Financial Aid?
Financial aid vocabulary and procedures can be difficult to understand. This lesson will help by reviewing the different types of financial aid, how you can determine eligibility and how to maximize your financial aid possibilities.
5. Degree & Career Options in Marketing
Are you considering a marketing career but are not sure what marketing entails? This lesson offers insight into the type of education available and the career options that exist in marketing.
6. How to Set Realistic Career Goals After Graduation
Everyone has a dream job, but most people won't get it right out of college. This lesson and quiz will look at how to set realistic career goals that will help you advance towards your dream job.
7. How to Maximize Your Internship's Career Potential
An internship is a great opportunity to get experience in a career field. But how can you make the most of your time as an intern? In this lesson, we'll offer tips for maximizing your internship in the areas of learning, relationships and performance.
8. Career vs. Job: What's the Difference?
Though people often use the terms 'career' and 'job' interchangeably, they aren't the same. In this lesson, we'll look at the difference between a career and a job, and how people should approach them differently.
9. Career Assessments: Types & Benefits
There are many career choices out there. How do you decide which one is right for you? In this lesson, we'll examine the different types of career assessments and how they can help you choose the best career.
10. Online Career Research Tools
How do you figure out what career is right for you? And, once you know, how do you find out more about that career? In this lesson, we'll look at some types of online career research tools that allow people to find out more about different careers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Marketing Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: External Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Pricing Objectives & Strategy
- PLACE Marketing: Basic Math Concepts
- PLACE Marketing: Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- PLACE Marketing: Sales Promotion
- PLACE Marketing: Entrepreneurship
- PLACE Marketing: Accounting
- PLACE Marketing: Finance
- PLACE Marketing: Macroeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Microeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- PLACE Marketing: Employee Staffing & Retention
- PLACE Marketing: Business Laws & Regulations
- PLACE Marketing: Business Technology
- PLACE Marketing: Computer Literacy
- PLACE Marketing: Information Systems
- PLACE Marketing: Business Communication
- PLACE Marketing: Employment Skills
- PLACE Marketing: Career Development
- PLACE Marketing Education Flashcards