About This Chapter
PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management - Chapter Summary
Review the key functions and structure of an organization's human resource department so you'll be ready to answer related test items on the PLACE Marketing Education examination. This chapter's lessons discuss regulations and factors that impact human resource management (HRM) objectives. After finishing our short videos, you'll be able to do the following:
- Explain the responsibilities of HRM
- Identify the laws that regulate HRM
- Describe an HR department's internal structure
- Discuss how HRM and organizational strategy can be aligned
- Give examples of external factors that affect HRM
Our video lessons feature fun graphics and real-world business scenarios so that you can study HRM in an engaging, simplified way. Experienced instructors apply concepts to clear examples so that you'll grasp them more readily. Along with watching the videos, be sure to also check out the lesson transcripts and quizzes.
PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management Chapter Objectives
In the state of Colorado, candidates for marketing teacher licensure must pass the PLACE Marketing Education exam. This test assesses your comprehension of principles in the areas of marketing; marketing education and careers; and marketing/business concepts.
In the marketing portion of the test, there are questions centered on multiple entrepreneurship concepts. It is within this area that questions on the principles of HRM may be found. When you complete this chapter's multiple-choice lesson quizzes, you'll be answering questions in the same format as those found on the PLACE exam.
1. Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Human resource management is an essential function of both private and public sector organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn what human resource management is, as well as its objectives and responsibilities in an organization.
2. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
3. The Internal Structure of an HR Department
Human resource management serves a vitally important function in most organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn how an organization may structure its human resource management functions within the organization.
4. Aligning HRM and Organizational Strategy
Successful businesses have a strategic vision and know how to implement it. In this lesson, you'll learn how human resource management (HRM) can align its organizational functions with the overall strategy of its organization.
5. External Factors Impacting HRM
Businesses don't operate in a bubble and neither does human resource management. In this lesson, you'll learn about some important external factors that impact human resource management. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Marketing Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: External Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Pricing Objectives & Strategy
- PLACE Marketing: Basic Math Concepts
- PLACE Marketing: Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- PLACE Marketing: Sales Promotion
- PLACE Marketing: Entrepreneurship
- PLACE Marketing: Accounting
- PLACE Marketing: Finance
- PLACE Marketing: Macroeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Microeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Employee Staffing & Retention
- PLACE Marketing: Business Laws & Regulations
- PLACE Marketing: Business Technology
- PLACE Marketing: Computer Literacy
- PLACE Marketing: Information Systems
- PLACE Marketing: Business Communication
- PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning
- PLACE Marketing: Employment Skills
- PLACE Marketing: Career Development
- PLACE Marketing Education Flashcards