About This Chapter
PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles - Chapter Summary
Study for the PLACE Marketing Education exam with these lessons on internal marketing, the structure of a marketing department and the four Ps of marketing. These videos cover the following topics:
- Marketing applications
- Internal marketing
- Roles within a marketing department
- Marketing controls
- The marketing mix
Our instructors explain fundamental topics in marketing through short, engaging lessons that incorporate illustrations and fun examples. There are also multiple-choice quizzes you can use to determine if you're ready to move on to the next chapter.
PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles - Chapter Objectives
The PLACE Business Education exam is used to assess the skills of prospective teachers in Colorado. This test includes multiple-choice questions covering marketing principles, marketing education, and business and marketing. This chapter is designed to help you get you ready for questions appearing in the test's marketing domain area. Use these lessons and quizzes to prepare for questions on the internal principles and processes of marketing, including roles within a marketing department, marketing methods and marketing controls.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. What is Internal Marketing? - Definition & Examples
This lesson explains what internal marketing is and how it benefits employees. We'll also see how it can be used by managers to communicate information with employees. Scenarios in which effective internal marketing is used are included.
3. Marketing Department: Structure & Roles
Marketing is a critical activity within a company, and there are specific roles that are necessary to the success of a marketing team. Learn what common roles support the marketing efforts of an organization.
4. Marketing Controls: Market Research, Test Marketing & Marketing Statistics
In this lesson, we will explain the purpose of marketing controls and explore related concepts, such as market research, test marketing, and marketing statistics.
5. The Marketing Mix: Product, Place, Price & Promotion
A marketing plan is the central part of the overall marketing strategy. A marketing plan's main focus is the marketing mix, which consists of product, place, promotion and price decisions. All four elements are very flexible and have many options. The main purpose of the marketing mix is to effectively communicate with the target market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Marketing Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Marketing: External Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Pricing Objectives & Strategy
- PLACE Marketing: Basic Math Concepts
- PLACE Marketing: Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- PLACE Marketing: Sales Promotion
- PLACE Marketing: Entrepreneurship
- PLACE Marketing: Accounting
- PLACE Marketing: Finance
- PLACE Marketing: Macroeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Microeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- PLACE Marketing: Employee Staffing & Retention
- PLACE Marketing: Business Laws & Regulations
- PLACE Marketing: Business Technology
- PLACE Marketing: Computer Literacy
- PLACE Marketing: Information Systems
- PLACE Marketing: Business Communication
- PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning
- PLACE Marketing: Employment Skills
- PLACE Marketing: Career Development
- PLACE Marketing Education Flashcards