About This Chapter
PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing - Chapter Summary
Use these lessons to refresh your understanding of doing business on a global scale as you prepare for the PLACE Marketing Education exam. Our videos can help you correctly answer exam questions on:
- Business globalization
- The politics of international trade
- International trade organizations
- Trade regulations
- Strategic and international trade policies
- Global marketing strategies
- International e-commerce and marketing
These lessons review topics you are probably familiar with from your college classes, but you may be introduced to a few new concepts as well. Our online format makes it easy to conduct your exam review at your own pace, on a computer or mobile device.
Objectives of the PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing Chapter
Colorado requires passing the PLACE Marketing Education exam as a condition for licensing to teach marketing in a public school. The exam is divided into three subareas, and questions on the topics covered in the International Trade and Global Marketing chapter are in the Basic Concepts of Business and Marketing subarea.
All questions in this subarea are multiple choice, like the questions on the short quizzes that accompany each of our lessons. These quizzes let you practice taking tests in this format. They also offer an opportunity to assess your knowledge and determine where extra study is required.
1. Internationalization & Globalization of Businesses
When companies decide to do international business, they have a wide variety of methods they can use to actually enter the market. This lesson will discuss those different methods and analyze how they work in an international context.
2. The Economics & Politics of International Trade
We will discuss the economics & politics of international trade through the definition of open trade and its benefits and drawbacks. In addition, the ideas of competitive advantage and political patience will be shown as key indicators of global success.
3. International Trade Organizations and Trade Agreements
International trade organizations and trade agreements have enormous power in the global trade environment. In this lesson, you will learn about the roles of the GATT, NAFTA, and the World Trade Organization.
4. International Trade Regulations & Restrictions
Importing and exporting are vital elements to a healthy U.S. economy. Businesses should be familiar with international laws regarding trade. This lesson defines imports and exports and discusses international trade regulations and restrictions.
5. International Trade Policy & Strategic Trade Policies
Governments sometimes intervene in international trade. In this lesson, we'll examine the arguments against strategic trade policy and discuss the policy instruments used by governments to influence international trade flows.
6. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
Companies cannot just concentrate on domestic markets if they are to remain competitive. Global marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas.
7. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
8. International External Marketing: Culture, Economics, Tech & More
International marketing plans have a specific marketing mix that will differ tremendously from the domestic version. Marketing managers have to take into account a country's economic, technological, logistical, and sociocultural differences in order to successfully target an overseas market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Marketing Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: External Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Pricing Objectives & Strategy
- PLACE Marketing: Basic Math Concepts
- PLACE Marketing: Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- PLACE Marketing: Sales Promotion
- PLACE Marketing: Entrepreneurship
- PLACE Marketing: Accounting
- PLACE Marketing: Finance
- PLACE Marketing: Macroeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Microeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- PLACE Marketing: Employee Staffing & Retention
- PLACE Marketing: Business Laws & Regulations
- PLACE Marketing: Business Technology
- PLACE Marketing: Computer Literacy
- PLACE Marketing: Information Systems
- PLACE Marketing: Business Communication
- PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning
- PLACE Marketing: Employment Skills
- PLACE Marketing: Career Development
- PLACE Marketing Education Flashcards