About This Chapter
PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing - Chapter Summary
Review the lessons in this chapter to familiarize yourself with the tactics for marketing products and services. Learn about the differences between services and goods as well as the importance of product packaging and building brand equity. These videos cover the following topics:
- Classification of products and services
- Services marketing
- Business products
- Consumer products
- Life cycle stages
- Product packaging
- Brand familiarity
Each lesson in this chapter includes a 5-10 minute video that can help you brush up on your marketing knowledge. There are also transcripts with bolded vocabulary terms and multiple-choice quizzes that you can use to assess your understanding and practice for test day.
PLACE Marketing: Product & Services Marketing Objectives
The PLACE Marketing test assesses the skills of prospective teachers seeking a credential for teaching marketing in the state of Colorado. One of the objectives of this exam is to demonstrate understanding of concept product/service and principles of product/service marketing. You can prepare for questions that fall under this objective with the entertaining video lessons in this chapter.
1. Products & Services: Definitions & Classifications
One of the key decisions to make when starting a business is whether to offer products or perform services. This lesson discusses each and gives greater insight into the difference between products and services.
2. Services Marketing: The Difference Between Services and Goods
In this lesson, you'll learn the difference between a service and a good. Discover how services are marketed to a consumer using different techniques.
3. What is a Business Product: Definition for Marketers
In this lesson, you'll find out the difference between a consumer product and a business product. You will also learn about the different business categories and seven types of business products.
4. Consumer Products: Convenience, Shopping, Specialty & Unsought Products
In this lesson, you will learn the difference between business and consumer products. We will also discuss the different ways they can be classified, which include the areas of convenience, shopping, specialty and unsought.
5. Product & Service Life Cycles: Definition, Stages & Management
In this lesson, we define what the product/service life cycle is so readers will have a general understanding of its use. The lesson also breaks down each of the four stages and what products/services encounter during each stage.
6. What is Product Packaging in Marketing? - Definition, Types & Importance
Most products have some form of packaging, even if it's just a price tag. In this lesson, you'll learn about the function of packaging, including how packaging is used in marketing. A short quiz follows the lesson.
7. Branding and Brand Equity in Business Marketing
Brand and brand equity go hand-in-hand in the marketing arena. Here, we will discuss how a brand develops and how that leads to increased brand equity.
8. Brand Familiarity and the Purchase Process
The brand of a product is like its personality. In this lesson, we'll discuss the different levels of brand familiarity and how they can impact the decision making process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Marketing Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Marketing: Internal Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: External Marketing Principles
- PLACE Marketing: Pricing Objectives & Strategy
- PLACE Marketing: Basic Math Concepts
- PLACE Marketing: Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- PLACE Marketing: Sales Promotion
- PLACE Marketing: Entrepreneurship
- PLACE Marketing: Accounting
- PLACE Marketing: Finance
- PLACE Marketing: Macroeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: Microeconomics
- PLACE Marketing: International Trade & Global Marketing
- PLACE Marketing: Human Resource Management
- PLACE Marketing: Employee Staffing & Retention
- PLACE Marketing: Business Laws & Regulations
- PLACE Marketing: Business Technology
- PLACE Marketing: Computer Literacy
- PLACE Marketing: Information Systems
- PLACE Marketing: Business Communication
- PLACE Marketing: Education & Career Planning
- PLACE Marketing: Employment Skills
- PLACE Marketing: Career Development