About This Chapter
PLACE Physical Education: Creating Safe Physical Education Environments - Chapter Summary
From ethical standards for PE teachers to fitness injury treatments, the lessons in this chapter cover all you will need to know about the safety responsibilities and processes for physical education teachers that you may encounter on the PLACE Physical Education exam. Review of these lessons may help you develop a stronger understanding of the following concepts may addressed on the exam:
- Identifying ethical, legal and professional responsibilities of physical education teachers
- Discussing techniques used to keep physical education environments safe
- Examining injury prevention and treatment methods
Lessons include illustrated videos, printable transcripts, self-assessment quizzes and timeline features that allow you to watch only those parts of the videos where you need further review. The quizzes can be used to determine what you have retained from the lessons and to measure your readiness in answering the type of multiple-choice questions you will find on the actual PLACE Physical Education exam.
1. Liability & Legal Considerations for Physical Education
In this lesson, you'll learn about the liability and legal considerations for physical education. Discover the common sources of legal liability and specific steps to take in order to reduce accidents and prevent possible legal issues.
2. Safety Guidelines for Physical Education
Physical education is a ton of fun, but the activities therein can be very dangerous if not properly monitored. This lesson gives you examples of safety guidelines for physical education.
3. Preventing & Treating Fitness Injuries
Injuries are a risk whenever you start a fitness program. Learn about ways to prevent common injuries, such as sprains and strains, as well as how to treat them using the RICE method, which stands for rest, ice, compress and elevate, in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Physical Education: Physical Growth & Development
- PLACE Physical Education: Psychological Aspects of Physical Education
- PLACE Physical Education: Cognitive, Social & Emotional Development
- PLACE Physical Education: Stress & Relationships During Adolescence
- PLACE Physical Education: Body Systems
- PLACE Physical Education: Physical Fitness
- PLACE Physical Education: Motor Skill Acquisition
- PLACE Physical Education: Developing Physical Activity Skills
- PLACE Physical Education: Program Development & Implementation
- PLACE Physical Education Flashcards