About This Chapter
PLACE Physical Education: Psychological Aspects of Physical Education - Chapter Summary
This chapter's lessons explore the role of physical activity on psychological development and help you better understand this topic as you prepare for the PLACE Physical Education exam. You will study the positive and negative psychological impacts of physical activity, such as cooperation and stress, and as a result may be able to answer test questions on the following:
- Recognizing the influence of physical activity on psychological development
- Examining sources of stress relating to physical activity, such as competition in sports
- Relating physical activity to the exhibition of five social behaviors
You can use the video lessons, text transcripts and quizzes as study aids or reference tools. Timeline features attached to each video allow you to refer to only those topics you need to review more, and the quizzes assess what you have learned and help you determine if you are ready to take the actual PLACE Physical Education exam.
1. Impact of Physical Education on Psychological Development
Physical education is part of basic curriculum in most schools. It can offer a welcome break from a student's day of study, but is it more than just a diversion? Some of the effects of physical education have benefits for students.
2. Physical Activity Stress: Causes & Effects
This lesson will discuss the causes and effects of experiencing stress and anxiety during physical activity. Symptoms and treatments for anxiety will also be reviewed.
3. Social Interactions: Definition & Types
Social interactions are the processes by which we act and react to those around us. Let's examine the different types of social interactions and test your knowledge with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- PLACE Physical Education: Physical Growth & Development
- PLACE Physical Education: Cognitive, Social & Emotional Development
- PLACE Physical Education: Stress & Relationships During Adolescence
- PLACE Physical Education: Body Systems
- PLACE Physical Education: Physical Fitness
- PLACE Physical Education: Motor Skill Acquisition
- PLACE Physical Education: Developing Physical Activity Skills
- PLACE Physical Education: Program Development & Implementation
- PLACE Physical Education: Creating Safe Physical Education Environments
- PLACE Physical Education Flashcards