About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering vocabulary words and phrases for places in French will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn the vocabulary words and phrases for places in French. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding continents, various countries, vocabulary for hotels and more in French
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning French (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the vocabulary and phrases for places in French
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra French learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Places in French: Vocabulary & Phrases chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the French vocabulary words and phrases for places chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any French vocabulary word or phrase for places question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a vocabulary words and phrases for places unit of a standard French course. Topics covered include:
- Classroom objects and continents in French
- European, African, Caribbean, Asian and Francophone countries in French
- Environment vocabulary and nature words in French
- French hotel and airport vocabulary
- Places around town and prepositions of place in French
1. Classroom Objects in French
What do you need to know before stepping foot into a French classroom? Learn the vocabulary for common classroom objects. A short quiz to test your knowledge follows this lesson.
2. Continents in French
How many continents are there? If you live in the United States, you'll probably say seven. But if you live in France, you'll probably say five. Let's explore why this difference exists and discuss how to talk about continents and their inhabitants in French.
3. European Countries in French
Europe is home to some of the smallest countries in the world as well as the largest country in the world, Russia. In this lesson, you'll learn the French names of European countries and the prepositions to use when speaking about them.
4. African Countries in French
Have you ever traveled to Africa? This continent is really big; it's actually more than three times the size of the United States! In this lesson, you will learn about the five regions of Africa and how to talk about their countries in French.
5. Caribbean Countries in French
In this lesson, we'll learn French names for the countries and territories in the Caribbean. We will discuss some important information about using country names in French, such as when to include an article and which prepositions to use and when.
6. Asian Countries in French
In this lesson, we will be learning about the French names for various Asian countries. We will discuss the six regions of this vast continent, as well as some rules for talking about countries in French.
7. Francophone Countries in French
This lesson introduces different French-speaking countries throughout the world. It looks at the pronunciation of the different countries, as well as which ones have French as an official language. A short quiz to test your knowledge follows this lesson.
8. Environment Vocabulary in French
Even in larger French cities such as Paris, people care more and more about the environment. Let's go over the basic French environment vocabulary that will help you express your views on these matters.
9. French Airport Vocabulary
An airport is one of the few places where you can hear several languages at the same time. Although staffers usually speak English, you may encounter someone who doesn't. Here is all you need to know to make communicate in French at an airport.
10. French Hotel Vocabulary
Most hotel staffers in France know enough English to help you throughout your stay. But in order to know what, how and where you're staying, let's go over the basics of French hotel vocabulary.
11. French Nature Words
In this lesson, we'll go over some basic nature vocabulary, including geographical features and bodies of water. We will then discuss plants and animals you might encounter in nature, and some weather-related vocabulary.
12. Places Around Town in French
This lesson will discuss common city activities and routines to introduce vocabulary for urban locations. Living, working, shopping, and leisure activities are all covered.
13. French Prepositions of Place
Learn to use French prepositions of place to talk about where people or things are located. In this lesson, we'll learn to use ten words and expressions, like 'on,' 'between,' 'to the left of,' and 'under,' to describe location.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic French: Help & Review course
- Basic French Vocabulary
- Basic French Spelling & Pronunciation
- French Sentence Structure
- French Nouns & Pronouns
- Basic French Verbs
- French Verb Tenses & Conjugation
- French Adjectives & Adverbs
- French Expressions
- Animals in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Jobs in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Writing in French
- Food in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Culture in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- The Home in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Sports & Activities in French: Vocabulary & Phrases