About This Chapter
Planet Earth for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Ensure your elementary school students are up to speed on topics related to planet Earth by taking advantage of the learning and study resources in this self-paced chapter. Fun lessons designed specifically for kids provide entertaining overviews of Earth's history, physical characteristics, formation and more. Mini quizzes paired with the lessons ensure students have a comprehensive understanding of planet Earth.
- Earth's history
- The size and shape of Earth
- Earth's orbit around the Sun
- How Earth was formed
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with planet Earth will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the basics of Earth as a planet.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the history and characteristics of Earth
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about how Earth orbits the Sun.
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about how Earth was formed
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover planet Earth topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about Earth.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Earth by completing the Planet Earth for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. History of the Earth: Lesson for Kids
Come dive deep into the creation of the Earth! Learn about how the Universe, the planets, the moons, asteroids, and comets all started with a big bang.
2. What is the Size & Shape of Earth? - Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about the size and the shape of the planet that we all live on: Earth. Earth's shape and size are important for understanding how our planet works.
3. How the Earth Orbits the Sun: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered why life was found on Earth and not the other planets? It has a lot to do with our unique orbit around the Sun. This lesson describes this orbit and how it affects us.
4. How was the Earth Formed? - Lesson for Kids
Where did Earth come from, and how was it formed? How did the universe come to be? Come along to see how it all started with a big bang and read about how things have changed over time!
5. Leap Year Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Did you know that not all years have the same number of days? In this lesson, you'll find out about what a leap year is, how many days it has, and why those extra days are needed.
6. Autumnal Equinox Lesson for Kids: Definition & Explanation
This lesson will introduce you to the astronomical phenomenon known as the autumnal equinox. Learn about what an equinox is, why it occurs, and how it affects people around the world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.