About This Chapter
Planning & Managing Events - Chapter Summary
In this chapter are engaging lessons designed to improve your comprehension of ways to plan and manage events. Topics covered in the lessons include conference planning, event budgets and travel planning. Study these lessons at your own pace. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define objectives and goals for an event
- Discuss amenity and inspection considerations in conference location planning
- Detail how to plan activities for conferences and events
- Describe how entertainment for events and conferences is planned and booked
- Explain the planning process for accessible meetings and events
- Outline how to plan an international meeting or event
- Discuss the role of the planner during an event
Utilize this chapter in the manner that best suits your study needs. Review the lessons in any sequence you choose, and take accompanying quizzes before, during or after studying the lessons. Stop by the dashboard to track your progress through the chapter and submit topic questions to our experts. Around-the-clock access enables you to take advantage of our study tools when it's most convenient.
1. Defining Goals & Objectives for an Event
Planning and executing an effective event starts by understanding what the goals and objectives are for the function. This lesson helps define the steps in creating a purpose for each function, which helps to support the success of an event.
2. Conference Planning: Guidelines & Timeline
Setting up a timeline to track conference planning essentials is an effective way to ensure all tasks are accounted for and covered. In this lesson, you'll learn more about establishing a timeline for your event.
3. Determining an Event Budget
This lesson discusses the importance of determining an event budget and guides you through the process of creating, planning or implementing a budget.
4. Conference Location Planning: Amenities & Inspection
A conference location has a great deal to do with the overall success of an event. Ensuring the location and venue meet your conference needs will help improve the function and provide for a comfortable stay for your attendees.
5. Planning Activities for Events & Conferences
Planning activities for your event can be fun and enjoyable for you and the attendees. However, there are many factors that must be considered to ensure everything goes smoothly and your guests actively participate in the activity.
6. Planning & Booking Entertainment for Events & Conferences
Corporate entertainment adds a fun and engaging element to conferences and events. Planning appropriate activities for groups requires thought and planning. Use the keys in this lesson to plan and book a successful event.
7. How to Plan Accessible Meetings & Events
Hosting meetings that are accessible for everyone means putting people first. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the importance of accessibility, how to create a plan that includes it, and special accommodations that need made.
8. Conference Accommodations & Travel Planning
Conference planning doesn't just involve the meeting and its logistics. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the event planner's role in coordinating hotel accommodations and travel arrangements.
9. How to Plan an International Meeting or Event
Planning an international meeting or event calls for careful consideration of details such as location, logistics, and customs. In this lesson, you'll learn more about things to watch out for in hosting an event in another country.
10. Role of the Planner During an Event
An event planner helps quarterback an event before, during, and after. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the planner's role, how they delegate tasks, and ways to respond to requests or complaints.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the IAAP CAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Administrative Professional course
- Hardware & Systems Technology Overview
- Computer & Peripheral Device Troubleshooting
- Systems Software & Management
- Using Software & Media to Communicate
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word Features
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Introduction to the PowerPoint Tool Bar
- Create and Manage Presentations in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint Best Practices
- Design of Technical & Business Documents
- Working with Technical Reports
- Managing Physical Resources in Business
- Office Design & Ergonomics
- Business Records Management
- Database Management & Security
- Framework for Business Communication
- Running Effective Business Meetings
- Group Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Business Messaging Fundamentals
- Communicating Electronically
- Effective Messaging for Workplace Communication
- Elements of Punctuation & Grammar
- Sentence Types & Components
- Human Resource Management Basics
- HR in a Global Business Environment
- Employee Recruitment & Selection
- Compensation Methods
- Employee Training & Professional Development
- Employer Compliance & Regulations
- Accounting Basics Overview
- Financial Statements in Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis in Accounting
- Effective Management & Leadership
- Managerial & Interpersonal Communication
- Understanding Diversity while Communicating
- Business Networking Basics
- IAAP CAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Administrative Professional Flashcards