About This Chapter
Plant & Animal Life Cycles - Chapter Summary
Plant and animal life cycles can vary based on their species and other important factors. Learn more about life cycles and what influences them among plants and animals by exploring this chapter. Lessons are easy to navigate and can be accessed from any computer, smartphone or tablet. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be prepared for the following:
- Defining and identifying the stages of the life cycle
- Describing how an amphibian goes from an egg to a fully developed organism
- Explaining the migration, life cycle and other facts about the monarch butterfly
- Sharing the life cycles of various types of plants
- Identifying stressors that impact plants
- Discussing how gravity impacts plants in their early stages of development
Review the lessons in this chapter anytime, day or night, to learn their concepts in a timeframe that suits your study schedule. If you hit a snag and need additional details about these concepts, send your questions to our experts. When ready, assess your understanding by taking short multiple-choice quizzes and a chapter exam. In no time, you will feel confident that you comprehend the life cycles of plants and animals.
1. What is a Life Cycle? - Definition, Stages & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of 'life cycle' and find out about the three basic stages of a life cycle. You'll also explore examples of different life cycles.
2. Amphibian Life Cycle
Have your ever looked at a frog and wondered how it came to be? How did it go from an egg, to the frog you may see hopping around a lake? In this lesson you will learn about the amphibian life cycle and the process that takes an amphibian from an egg to fully a developed organism using the frog as an example.
3. Monarch Butterfly: Migration, Life Cycle & Facts
The monarch butterfly has a fascinating life cycle and migration pattern that is repeated every single year. Read this lesson to learn how an egg eventually becomes a butterfly and how incredible this species is!
4. Life Cycles of Different Types of Plants
From spores to gametophytes to flowers, plants have many different life cycles. This lesson will focus on the life cycles of three groups of plants: the flowering angiosperms, the ferns and the mosses.
5. Environmental Stimuli & Stress: Plant Adaptations & Responses
Plants get stressed out about a lot of stuff, like floods, droughts, high heat, and cold. And they have ways in which they deal with these kinds of stress. This lesson gives some examples of how this occurs.
6. How Plants Respond to Gravity
Plants respond to a wide variety of stimuli. This includes gravity. This lesson explains how gravity influences a plant, especially in its earliest stages of development.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Multiple Subjects Subtest II (214): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Multiple Subjects Test
- Intro to Properties of Matter
- Atoms, Elements & the Periodic Table
- Solutions & Mixtures in Chemistry
- Mechanics, Force & Motion
- Basics of Thermodynamics
- Intro to Waves, Sound & Light
- Energy Conservation & Earth's Resources
- Cell Structure, Organelles & Organelle Functions
- Structure & Function of Human Body Systems
- Plant Biology
- Requirements of Biological Systems
- Cell Growth & Division
- Principles of Evolution & Natural Selection
- Orbits & Rotations of Celestial Bodies
- Galaxies, Stars and Solar Systems
- Properties of Minerals & Rocks
- Earth's Spheres & Internal Structure
- Basics of Plate Tectonics
- Rock Deformation & Mountain Building
- Landforms, Volcanoes & Earthquakes
- Meteorology & Climate Basics
- The Earth's Water
- Planning & Conducting Scientific Investigations
- Basic Arithmetic Review
- Number Sense & Theory
- Performing Operations with Exponents
- Relations & Functions
- Ratios & Proportional Reasoning
- Graphing & Solving Inequalities
- Creating & Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Writing & Graphing Equations
- Operations with Polynomials
- Solving & Factoring Quadratic Equations
- 2D & 3D Geometric Figures
- Symmetry, Similarity & Congruence in Geometry
- Geometric Measurement
- Data & Surveys in Statistics
- Interpreting Data from Tables & Graphs
- Chance & Probability
- Problem Solving & Mathematical Reasoning
- CSET Multiple Subjects Subtest 2 Flashcards