About This Chapter
1. Androecium: Definition & Concept
You have probably heard of pollen before; you might even be allergic to it. But do you know what part of a flower makes pollen? Learn more about the structure of an androecium in this lesson.
2. Cork Cambium: Definition & Concept
Have you ever carved your initials into a tree's bark? Did you ever think about how you were affecting the tree? In this lesson, we'll look at the structure and function of the plant tissue called cork cambium, which is vital to producing the bark that covers a healthy tree.
3. Nitrification: Definition, Cycle & Equation
Plants and animals need nitrogen. The lesson explains the process of turning nitrogen that is unusable by plants into a form of nitrogen that plants can use.
4. Nitrite: Definition, Structure & Formula
Did you know that nitrates from sources such as fertilizers can enter our body and convert to nitrites? Discover what nitrite is, including its structure and formula.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the General Studies Science: Help & Review course
- Chemical Compounds & Bonds Overview
- Drawing Conclusions from a Scientific Investigation
- Electricity Fundamentals & Overview
- Energy & Heat Overview
- Essential Biology Concepts
- Essential Chemistry Concepts
- Essential Concepts in Physics
- Evolutionary Principles
- Food Webs Overview
- Foundations of Chemical Compounds & Bonds
- Foundations of Chemical Reactions, Acids, and Bases
- Foundations of Energy & Heat
- Foundations of Magnetism
- Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Lab Equipment for Scientific Study
- Measurement & the Metric System Fundamentals
- Nuclear Energy Fundamentals
- Planning a Scientific Investigation Or Experiment
- Populations & Relationships in Ecology
- Sound & Light Waves
- Studying Biological Communities
- The Periodic Table, Atoms & Elements
- Using Data for Investigation & Experimentation