About This Chapter
Plants for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Help your elementary school students learn interesting facts about plants with this collection of entertaining plant lessons. Using an engaging and simplified teaching style, our instructors will present information about plant types, parts, life cycles and more. The chapter also includes interactive quizzes to help your students retain these plant topics.
- Plant types
- Flowering plant facts
- Plant parts
- The flowering plant life cycle
- Examples of nonflowering plants
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about plants will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn facts about different types of plants.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about plants
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about plants
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about plants
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the plant topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about plants.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands plant information by completing the Plants for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Types of Plants: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever wondered how to tell one plant from another? Scientists have studied plants for a long time and figured out some pretty cool similarities and differences. This lesson will teach you about different types of plants.
2. Plant Parts: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you will learn about the job of each part of a plant. You will also learn how important plants are to life on Earth, and how each of the plant's parts helps both plants and animals survive.
3. Flowering Plants Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Roses are red, violets are blue. Have you ever wondered what flowers do? Learn about what all flowering plants have in common and discover some fascinating facts about flowering plants in this lesson.
4. Life Cycle of Flowering Plants: Lesson for Kids
To learn how flowers grow, read this lesson about the life cycle of flowering plants, or angiosperms. There are 6 stages, including germination. After the flowers bloom, the plants repeat the whole process again. Let's start this cycle by reading below!
5. Nonflowering Plants Lesson for Kids: Names & Examples
Did you know that not all plants have flowers? In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of non-flowering plants, including mosses, ferns and conifers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School