About This Chapter
Plateaus for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
If your students need extra help learning about plateaus from around the world, have them review this engaging elementary earth science chapter. Inside, they'll find fun and entertaining lessons that cover facts about noteworthy plateaus, including the Appalachian Plateau, Edwards Plateau and the Allegheny Plateau. The chapter is accessible on any computer or mobile device, and we've included short quizzes that you can assign your students to check their understanding of basic plateau concepts.
- Facts about plateaus
- Appalachian Plateau
- Tibetan Plateau
- Edwards Plateau
- Colorado Plateau
- Allegheny Plateau
- Deccan Plateau
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about plateaus will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about plateaus.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding facts about plateaus
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about plateaus
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about earth science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about plateaus
- Students who struggle to understand their earth science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra earth science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the plateau topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about plateaus.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands plateau concepts by administering the Plateaus for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Plateau Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Plateaus are unique landforms found on all continents. In this lesson, learn the definition of a plateau, find out how plateaus are formed, and discover major plateaus of the world.
2. Appalachian Plateau Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
The Appalachian Plateau is a large region in the eastern part of the United States. It stretches from New York all the way down to Alabama, and is full of environmental diversity and natural resources.
3. Tibetan Plateau Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Plateaus are interesting land forms that are found all over the world. In this lesson, learn how the Tibetan Plateau was formed, where it is located, and why it is such a unique plateau.
4. Edwards Plateau Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
The Edwards Plateau is a large region located in central Texas. It has a range of unique features, including caves and rare species of plants and animals.
5. Colorado Plateau Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
The Colorado Plateau encompasses a large region in the southwestern United States. Its natural beauty and diverse landscapes make it a very unique part of North America.
6. Allegheny Plateau Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
The Allegheny Plateau is an expansive area of raised land throughout New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio. It is full of natural resources like coal and trees that are important for many industries in the United States.
7. Deccan Plateau Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Learn about the Deccan plateau in India, which is bordered by the Satpura Range and by the Eastern and Western Ghats. The Deccan plateau was formed by volcanoes and includes rock features like the Deccan traps.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science for Kids course
- Overview of Astronomy for Elementary School
- Branches of Science for Elementary School
- Climate for Elementary School
- Overview of Geology for Elementary School
- Insects for Elementary School
- Types of Weather for Elementary School
- Understanding Matter for Elementary School
- Volcanoes for Elementary School
- Geologic Time for Elementary School
- Dinosaurs for Kids
- Fossils for Elementary School
- Oceans for Elementary School
- Landforms for Elementary School
- Spheres of the Earth for Elementary School
- Coastal Geography for Elementary School
- Bodies of Water for Elementary School
- Islands for Elementary School
- Lakes for Elementary School
- Landmarks for Elementary School
- Mountains for Elementary School
- Seas for Elementary School