About This Chapter
PMP Application Process & Certification Exam - Chapter Summary
Before taking the Project Manager Professional certification exam, employees within your company can use this helpful chapter to pinpoint the key requirements and steps for applying for the exam and obtaining certification. These lessons identify the costs and fees for certification training and list appropriate preparatory courses for the exam. They also detail what constitutes a passing score and the exam passing rate. Other topics discussed in this chapter include:
- The value and benefits of a PMP certification
- Overview of the PMP certification application process
- Eligibility and requirements needed to obtain PMP certification
- How to fill out the registration and application forms
- Policies and procedures for the PMI credential
- Professional conduct and code of ethics expected of PMI members
- Continuing certification requirements
To review all the information covered and ensure comprehension, employees will be given the opportunity at the end of each chapter to take a brief lesson quiz. This quizzes include supplemental worksheets that can be printed out and used as a reference guide while viewing the lessons. There is also a more comprehensive chapter exam that assesses understanding of all the topics covered in the chapter.
How It Helps
- Provides instructions: Employees will learn how to fill out the necessary forms and applications for the PMP certification exam.
- Details pertinent information: Each lesson details specifics about the exam, such as cost, eligibility requirements and passing scores, so employees are aware of those factors before taking the exam.
- Creates awareness: After viewing these lessons, prospective project managers will be aware of the professional conduct expected in this role and what requirements must be met to maintain the certification.
After carefully studying the information in this chapter, employees should be able to:
- Identify the benefits, requirements and costs of obtaining PMP certification
- Properly fill out the necessary registration and application forms
- Follow the policies and procedures for gaining PMI credentialing
- Understand the code of ethics and professional conduct requirements for PMI members
- Maintain certification by meeting CCR guidelines
1. What is PMP Certification? - Value & Benefits
Like many professions, those in the the project management field can earn a certification. In this lesson, we'll look at the value and benefit of PMP certification.
2. How to Get PMP Certification: Process
Obtaining a PMP certification is not a difficult process, but the right steps must be followed to obtain it. In this lesson, we'll learn how to get a PMP certification.
3. How to Pass the PMP Exam
Learn how you can successfully complete the PMP exam with this article. Find out what's on the exam and focus on how you can prepare to pass this test.
4. How to Get PMP Certification Requirements & Eligibility
The PMP (Project Management Professional) credential is an internationally recognized certification option for project managers. Learn about PMP application prerequisites and get information on what is required to earn and maintain this certification.
5. PMP Exam Application Registration & Forms
In order to take the PMP certification exam, you must properly register by filling out the forms that will provide your personal information and credentials. Read on for details about filling out the application forms, and find out about some resources that can help you during this process and after.
6. How to Fill Out the PMP Application Form
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a globally recognized certification for project managers that can lead to increased earning potential for professionals. The PMP application is intensive and requires time, planning and organization. Read on to learn how to navigate the application form.
7. PMP Certification Training Costs & Fees
A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification validates your experience as a project manager and is considered the gold standard of project management certifications. Learn about the various costs and fees associated with obtaining your PMP certification.
8. PMP Certification Exam Preparation Courses
To ensure your success on the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam, you may want to take a preparatory course that will get you ready for the test. Keep reading to learn more about these prep courses and where you can find them.
9. PMP Certification Exam Passing Score
While not always required, PMP Certification is a useful way to show potential employers that you are highly capable and knowledgeable about project management. Keep reading to learn what it takes to earn a passing score on the PMP Certification Exam and get information on how to study.
10. PMP Certification Exam Pass Rate
Even though the Project Management Institute does not publish the PMP exam pass rates, you can still get valuable PMP exam information below. Learn about test scoring and format, find out when you'll receive your exam results and discover available study resources.
11. PMI Credential Policies & Procedures
As you begin your journey towards becoming a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), you may want to familiarize yourself with the official Project Management Institute credential policies and procedures. Read on to learn more about eligibility requirements, the application process, testing policies, continuing education requirements and more.
12. PMP Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) Program
To ensure that Project Management Professionals stay competitive and relevant in the profession, the Project Management Institute developed the Continuing Certification Requirements Program. This program outlines the professional development units PMP professionals must earn in order to maintain their credentials. Learn more about the program below.
13. PMI Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
This lesson will discuss the Project Management Institute (PMI) Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. The lesson will explain in detail the principles of ethical decision-making.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Project Management Training course