About This Chapter
Policies & Procedures for Cybersecurity - Chapter Summary
Gain an overview of cybersecurity policies and procedures with this self-paced and mobile-friendly computer science chapter. As you progress through these expertly taught lessons, you'll become familiar with the essentials of information security policies, plans, procedures, models and more. To help you make sure you fully understand these concepts, we've included short lesson quizzes and a chapter exam. The chapter's online format allows you to study whenever you have free time, and our Ask the Expert feature offers personalized help if you need it. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Compare types of information security policy
- Describe frameworks and best practices of information security policy
- Analyze examples of information security policy and procedures
- Assess incident responses for information security plans
- Describe the architecture and governance of information security models
- Use effective tips and strategies for computer security
1. What is an Information Security Policy? - Definition & Types
In this lesson, you'll learn what an information security policy is and the different shapes that information security policies can take. You'll see how the different types of policies can interact.
2. Information Security Policy: Framework & Best Practices
In this lesson, we will be looking at what information security policy is all about and frameworks which can be used in creating the policies in accordance with best practices.
3. Information Security Policy & Procedure Examples
Protection of information and data in an organization is one of the most important and key requirements in ensuring business continuity. In this lesson, we will be looking at information security policies and procedures.
4. Information Security Plan: Examples & Incident Response
Protecting information is important these days. In this lesson, we'll take a look at information security, what it is, an example information security plan, and how incident response is related.
5. Information Security Models: Architecture & Governance
The information we use in the course of a day is important, and so is securing that information. In this lesson, we'll take a look at information security, and how models, architecture, and governance are related.
6. Computer Security Best Practices & Tips
This lesson will address how best to stay safe when having a computer on the internet, specifically in password creation, site safety and email usage.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 110: Introduction to Cybersecurity course
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Basics of Cybercrime
- The Role of People in Cybercrime
- Tools & Techniques for Cybersecurity
- Impact of Cybercrime on Electronic Communication
- Cryptography in Cybersecurity
- Understanding & Preventing Computer Viruses
- Cybercrime & Software Development
- Operating System & Network Security
- Disaster Recovery in Cybersecurity