About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering AP chemistry material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn AP chemistry. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the various types of questions on the exam
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about portions of the AP Chemistry exam
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Portions of the AP Chemistry Exam chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Portions of the AP Chemistry Exam chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any AP chemistry exam preparation question . They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students prepare for questions on the AP chemistry exam. Topics covered include:
- Mastering multiple choice questions on the AP Chemistry exam
- Answering chemical calculation problems
- Mastering the free response section of the exam
- Understanding and answering the essays
- Writing chemical equations on the exam
1. How to Master Multiple Choice Questions on the AP Chemistry Exam
Learn about the multiple choice section of the AP Chemistry exam and what to expect when you take the test. Learn tips for test preparation and strategies for test taking specific to this test.
2. Chemical Calculation Problems for the AP Test
Learn the types of calculations you are likely to perform on the AP Chemistry test. Then look at some tips and tricks for enhancing your performance. Learn how to approach sample questions from former AP tests, apply tips and tricks you've just learned!
3. How to Master the Free Response Section of the AP Chemistry Exam
Learn specific information about the free response portion of the AP Chemistry exam in this lesson. Learn tips to help you prepare for the test, as well as strategies to improve your performance on the exam.
4. Understanding and Answering the Essays on the AP Chemistry Exam
In this video, you learn what essay questions look like on the AP Chemistry exam and how you can best prepare for them. Understand what AP graders are looking for in your responses and learn some tricks to help you succeed on the test.
5. Writing Chemical Equations on the AP Chemistry Exam
Learn what kinds of equations you will be expected to write on the AP Chemistry exam. Discover some tips and tricks that will help you prepare for writing chemical equations on the free response portion of the AP Chemistry Test.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Chemistry: Help and Review course
- AP Chemistry: Experimental Laboratory Chemistry: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Properties of Matter: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Atomic Structure: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: The Periodic Table of Elements: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Nuclear Chemistry: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Bonding: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Phase Changes for Liquids and Solids: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Gases: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Solutions: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Stoichiometry and Chemical Equations: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Acids, Bases and Chemical Reactions: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Equilibrium: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Kinetics: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Thermodynamics: Help and Review
- AP Chemistry: Organic Chemistry: Help and Review