About This Chapter
Here is a syllabus that you can use to teach your students basic hints for taking the AP Chemistry Exam. You may need to adjust this lesson plan to meet the needs of your students.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts|
|Monday||Mastering multiple-choice questions||Discuss tips on answering multiple-choice questions on the AP Chemistry Exam. They account for 50% of a student's score|
|Tuesday||Chemical calculation||Summary of different chemical calculation problems that students will come across on the exam|
|Wednesday||Free response section||Help your students master free response questions on the AP Chemistry exam|
|Thursdays||Essay questions||Teach your students the proper way to answer the essay questions on the AP Chemistry exam, what's important to include and why the term 'essay' can sometimes be misleading|
|Friday||Writing chemical equations||Show students how to write balanced chemical equations on the AP Chemistry exam|
1. How to Master Multiple Choice Questions on the AP Chemistry Exam
Learn about the multiple choice section of the AP Chemistry exam and what to expect when you take the test. Learn tips for test preparation and strategies for test taking specific to this test.
2. Chemical Calculation Problems for the AP Test
Learn the types of calculations you are likely to perform on the AP Chemistry test. Then look at some tips and tricks for enhancing your performance. Learn how to approach sample questions from former AP tests, apply tips and tricks you've just learned!
3. How to Master the Free Response Section of the AP Chemistry Exam
Learn specific information about the free response portion of the AP Chemistry exam in this lesson. Learn tips to help you prepare for the test, as well as strategies to improve your performance on the exam.
4. Understanding and Answering the Essays on the AP Chemistry Exam
In this video, you learn what essay questions look like on the AP Chemistry exam and how you can best prepare for them. Understand what AP graders are looking for in your responses and learn some tricks to help you succeed on the test.
5. Writing Chemical Equations on the AP Chemistry Exam
Learn what kinds of equations you will be expected to write on the AP Chemistry exam. Discover some tips and tricks that will help you prepare for writing chemical equations on the free response portion of the AP Chemistry Test.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Chemistry Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Experimental Laboratory Chemistry: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Properties of Matter: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Atomic Structure: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- The Periodic Table of Elements: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Nuclear Chemistry: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Bonding: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Phase Changes for Liquids & Solids: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Gases: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Solutions: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Stoichiometry & Chemical Equations: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Acids, Bases & Chemical Reactions: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Equilibrium: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Kinetics: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Thermodynamics: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans
- Organic Chemistry: AP Chemistry Lesson Plans