About This Chapter
Positive Learning Environments for Nurses - Chapter Summary
Nurses play critically important roles in the medical field, which is why their educational process is often extensive. To ensure nurses are able to learn all required concepts, it's good to educate them in a positive learning environment. Use the lessons in this chapter to learn more about ways to create these environments in the classroom. Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Define and describe the impact and importance of the learning environment in the classroom
- Explain the design and maintenance of safe and supportive learning environments
- Describe how to create productive relationships that support student well-being and growth
- Discuss tips for cultivating positive interactions among students
- Detail the process of creating a culture for learning
- Share the best ways for Certified Nurse Educators to create clinical learning environments in nursing programs
Ensure you have a quality understanding of the creation of positive learning environments for nurses by reviewing this chapter's lessons in the manner that best suits your schedule and learning style. Access the lessons anytime and in any sequence from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Reinforce lesson concepts by taking short quizzes and a practice chapter exam. If you have questions about chapter topics, submit them to our experts.
1. Learning Environment in the Classroom: Definition, Impact & Importance
One of the most important things a teacher can do is provide a positive learning experience. Setting up a positive learning environment is tricky, but not difficult. Get ready to learn about how to do this and why.
2. Safe & Supportive Learning Environments: Design & Maintenance
Classroom environments should promote student achievement. This lesson will explore how a safe and supportive learning environment is created and maintained.
3. Creating Productive Relationships to Support Student Growth & Well-Being
This lesson provides you with a toolbox of practical strategies for creating a productive learning environment that fosters student growth and well-being. Read on to learn more.
4. Cultivating Positive Interactions Among Students
Relationships in the classroom are important, and interaction among students is particularly essential to the learning environment and student development. This lesson discusses ways of fostering positive interaction among students.
5. How to Create a Culture for Learning
What is a culture of learning? And how do you develop one in your own classroom? Learn what such a classroom tends to look like, and a few of the things you might do to achieve it.
6. Clinical Learning Environments in Nursing Programs
A clinical nurse educator should provide a positive and engaging experience for nursing students. This article will take you through key points of creating the best experience possible,including preparation, establishing expectations, and evaluating.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide course
- Classroom Teaching Strategies
- Clinical Teaching Strategies for CNEs
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Methods of Delivery for CNEs
- Classroom Technology
- Communication Skills for CNEs
- Critical Thinking Skills for Nurses
- Role of Diversity in Nursing Student Learning
- Goal Setting in Nursing Programs
- Learning Domains & Assessments
- Assessment Development
- Assessment Strategies
- Summarizing & Analyzing Educational Assessments
- Grading & Reporting Student Progress
- Curriculum Development in Nursing Programs
- Professional Development for CNEs
- Leadership Roles of CNEs
- Scholarship Roles of CNEs
- The Role of CNEs in the Academic Community
- Nursing Program Overview
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide Flashcards