About This Chapter
Positive Physical Education Learning Environments- Chapter Summary
This chapter reviews strategies to create routines, a positive learning environment and student motivation. The lessons will help you as an instructor for a physical education class. Some of the topics you will cover in this lesson include:
- Culturally responsive teaching strategies
- How to reduce and eliminate undesirable behaviors from students
- How to resolve conflicts in your classroom
- The importance of developing a learning environment
- Ways to make a safe learning environment for your students
- How to make classroom routines
- Ways to have productive relationships and accommodate students from different cultures
- Techniques that can increase motivation during physical education class
Did you know these resources are available to you at any time and they are mobile friendly? You can access them on your home computer or you can access them on-the-go on your tablet or smartphone. This allows you to study on a schedule that is convenient for you. Also, if you find yourself getting stuck on any lessons or concepts, you can reach out to our professional and knowledgeable instructors. They are here to help you if you need it.
1. Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT): Theory, Research & Strategies
A person's culture can impact their approach to education and the way they learn. In this lesson, we'll examine culturally responsive teaching, a teaching method that takes into account students' cultures to help them succeed.
2. Reducing Undesirable Behaviors in the Classroom
This lesson covers several options for reducing bad behavior in the classroom, including time out, satiation and token economies. The lesson touches on how to use these techniques, and what to avoid when trying to encourage good behavior.
3. Conflict Resolution Strategies for the Classroom
With any group of people comes the potential for conflict. This is especially true for students in the classroom, who have such a wide range of personalities. The strategies in this lesson will help you teach them how to handle and resolve conflicts.
4. Learning Environment in the Classroom: Definition, Impact & Importance
One of the most important things a teacher can do is provide a positive learning experience. Setting up a positive learning environment is tricky, but not difficult. Get ready to learn about how to do this and why.
5. Creating a Safe Learning Environment in the Classroom
Children learn best when they are in a safe classroom environment, and teachers and families are happier when classrooms feel safe, too. This lesson will give you some ideas on how to create a safe environment for all learners.
6. Establishing Daily Classroom Routines
The learning environment must be properly managed to promote student success. This lesson describes ideas for making clear expectations for classroom schedules, transitions, and routines.
7. Creating Productive Relationships to Support Student Growth & Well-Being
This lesson provides you with a toolbox of practical strategies for creating a productive learning environment that fosters student growth and well-being. Read on to learn more.
8. Accommodating Diverse Students in Physical Education Class
You're going to learn how methods of instruction, activities, rules, and equipment can be altered in order to accommodate students of different cultures, languages, and physical abilities in this lesson.
9. How to Get Kids Excited for Physical Activity
Combating obesity, inactivity, and laziness is a growing crisis. Helping kids to be excited to be involved in physical activity can change their lives. This lesson offers valuable tips for creating an active lifestyle.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Physical Education EC-12 (158): Practice & Study Guide course
- Motor Skill Development in Children
- Biomechanical Principles
- Sports & Recreational Activities
- Softball Rules & Skills
- Soccer History & Rules
- Volleyball History & Rules
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports Skills
- Individual, Dual & Team Sports & Games
- Physical Activity, Exercise & Fitness
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Muscular Strength & Flexibility in Fitness
- Health & Wellness in Childhood & Adolescence
- Nutrition & Health for Children
- Instructional Pedagogy
- Role of Physical Education in Student Learning
- Physical Education Teacher Planning & Instruction
- Physical Education Program Goals & Administration
- Effective Communication in Physical Education Classrooms
- Student Assessment Types
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Using Technology in Physical Education
- Professional Development for Physical Education Teachers
- Laws & Legislation Affecting Physical Education
- Safety & First Aid for the Physical Education Classroom
- TExES Physical Education EC-12 Flashcards