About This Chapter
Practical Applications for How to Network - Chapter Summary
This collection of lessons about how to network can be used with your employees whenever it's convenient. This chapter concerns subjects such as the use of technology in networking and some of the networking mistakes commonly made in business. Along with each lesson, we've included a short quiz for helpful self-assessment.
How It Helps
- Eases training: By allowing your team members to complete these lessons at their own pace from a mobile device or computer, the training process should be easier and more enjoyable.
- Integrates knowledge: The checklist provided in this chapter for social media networking allows your employees to utilize this information immediately in their work.
- Ensures professionalism: When your team members are using these tested and proven methods for their social media networking and communications, you can feel confident that your organization is being represented professionally.
Use this chapter to teach your employees how to:
- Understand the questions on a business networking plan
- Avoid traditional mistakes in business networking
- Utilize a social media networking checklist
- Use technology in networking effectively
1. Practical Application: List of Questions for Business Networking Plan
A business networking plan will help you get started connecting with people. Use these questions to create a plan to apply the networking skills you've learned and cultivate your own business network.
2. Practical Application: Traditional Business Networking Mistakes
Practice identifying common networking mistakes in these three scenarios. Identify them and then come up with solutions to these mistakes and also see how to make the most networking opportunities.
3. Practical Application: Social Media Networking Checklist
Use this checklist for social media networking. Check off items to make sure each social media network is being utilized to its full potential. Also, check items to ensure proper use of each network.
4. Practical Application: Using Technology for Networking
Use this checklist to make full use of the various technologies available for networking in the digital age. You can check off things to do and things to avoid.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.