About This Chapter
Practical Applications for HR Management - Chapter Summary
In this HR professional development chapter, your employees will study the practical applications of HR management. The chapter offers bite-sized and expertly taught lessons that cover several aspects of HR management, including:
- Management principles
- Job design approaches
- Employee feedback forms
- Organizational diversity
Following each lesson, your employees will be able to take a short quiz that's designed to retain key concepts. The chapter is accessible online 24/7, which helps your employees study HR management applications whenever it fits their schedules.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Employees will develop a thorough awareness of HR management's practical applications in the workplace.
- Addresses management principles: Lessons offer insight into essential management principles, approaches and related concepts.
- Improves HR management skills: Employees who complete the chapter can apply their understanding of these concepts to enhance their HR management expertise.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Describe Fayol's 14 management principles
- Choose a job design approach
- Recognize the components of employee feedback forms
- Assess organizational diversity
1. Practical Application: Henri Fayol's 14 Principles of Management Infographic
Despite being formulated more than 100 years ago, Henri Fayol's 14 Principles of Management remain relevant and timely today. Leaders who manage with these principles in mind have the best chance of being successful.
2. Practical Application: Employee Feedback Form
Many supervisors struggle with how to provide feedback to their employees. This form helps guide supervisors as they assess the performance of their employees and set goals for moving forward.
3. Practical Application: Assessing Organizational Diversity
A diverse organization provides the expertise that only people from a varied background can bring. Use this assessment to help you see where your organization stands in terms of organizational diversity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Human Resource Management: Skills Development & Training course
- Overview of Human Resources Management Field
- Organizational Theories & Human Resources
- Job Analysis and Design
- Staffing in Organizations
- Training and Development in Organizations
- Performance Appraisals
- Employee Compensation Issues
- Employment Law & Employee Rights
- Labor Relations
- International Human Resource Management
- Current Issues and Trends in HRM