About This Chapter
Practical Applications for Marketing - Chapter Summary
Share this chapter with your employees to help them learn or review practical marketing applications. Taught by expert instructors, this chapter breaks down a variety of marketing strategies and methods related to:
- Advertising media
- Market and sales orientation
- The marketing mix
- Strategic marketing alternatives
- The selling process
In addition to the lessons, the chapter comes with short quizzes that reinforce important marketing applications. The chapter's online format makes it easy for your employees to review the lessons whenever they have free time, and they can submit questions to our marketing experts if they need clarification on any lesson topic.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter is designed to establish a high-level awareness of marketing applications.
- Compares marketing and sales: Employees who finish the chapter should have a better understanding of the similarities and differences between sales and marketing processes.
- Improves marketing skills: Lessons teach employees how to strengthen their marketing skills and make strong marketing decisions.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Make effective advertising media choices
- Differentiate between market orientation and sales orientation
- Choose strategic marketing alternatives
- Describe the marketing mix
- Outline each step of the selling process
1. Practical Application: Market Orientation vs. Sales Orientation Infographic
This infographic will help you remember the main principles of a market orientation. After a quick review comparing market versus sales orientation, we'll get into the infographic and explain how the visuals relate to the content.
2. Practical Application: Choosing Strategic Alternatives in Marketing
The lesson How to Identify Strategic Alternatives in Marketing covers four methods that companies can use to increase sales and profits. Let's review how to apply your understanding of these options and learn the questions to ask when selecting one.
3. Practical Application: Marketing Mix Infographic
The marketing mix is one of the main points of a marketing plan and is important for business success. This infographic will help you recall the four main tenants of a good marketing mix.
4. Practical Application: Making Advertising Media Choices
Advertisers today have a wide range of options to choose from when deciding where to promote their products and services. Use these scenarios to apply your knowledge of how to go about making the best media choices.
5. Practical Application: Steps of the Selling Process Infographic
Generating revenue is the backbone of any business. This infographic will help you remember and apply the steps for the personal selling process that are necessary to generate revenue.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Marketing: Skills Development & Training course
- Marketing Philosophies and Ethics
- Competitive Advantage
- The Marketing Environment
- International Marketplace
- Consumer Decision Making
- Business Marketing and Marketing Research
- Segmentation and Product Marketing
- Managing a Product and Retailing
- Services Marketing, Marketing Channels & Supply Chain Management
- Promotion, Advertising and Public Relations
- Selling and Pricing Strategy