About This Chapter
Practical Applications for PowerPoint - Chapter Summary
This informative corporate training chapter is made up of a series of lessons on practical applications for PowerPoint. Employees can learn about using the PowerPoint tool bar, managing presentations in PowerPoint, and many other related applications. Our mobile-friendly platform is accessible 24 hours a day from any device with an Internet access, so learning is convenient for employees with different scheduling needs.
How It Helps
- Builds great presenters: After completing this chapter, your employees will understand how to utilize PowerPoint to its fullest to create interesting and useful presentations.
- Offers practical skills: This chapter covers the ins and outs of managing multiple presentations in PowerPoint.
- Eases training: Even if you have employees in multiple locations on a variety of different schedules, you can still utilize this mobile-friendly and self-paced resource with everyone on your team.
This chapter shows employees how to do the following:
- Utilize the PowerPoint tool bar
- Manage and create PowerPoint presentations
- Create slide content
- Apply animations and transitions in PowerPoint
- Manage multiple presentations at once
1. Practical Application: Using the PowerPoint Tool Bar
The PowerPoint tool bar is a useful starting point for many of the projects you'll do with the program. In this activity, you'll learn more about its functionalities and layout through two fictional scenarios.
2. Practical Application: Creating & Managing Presentations in PowerPoint
There are many options available to PowerPoint users in creating and managing presentations. In this activity, you'll put your creating and managing skills to the test through two fictional scenarios.
3. Practical Application: Creating Slide Content in PowerPoint
Creating slide content in PowerPoint is all about the many tools and resources available to users for the development of a presentation that is unique and eye-catching. In this activity, we'll explore some scenarios related to creating content.
4. Practical Application: Applying Transitions & Animations in PowerPoint
Transitions and animations add excitement and flair to PowerPoint presentations. In this activity, you'll get to test your transition and animation skills in two fictitious scenarios involving PowerPoint presentations.
5. Practical Application: Managing Multiple Presentations
PowerPoint has made managing multiple presentations as simple as dragging and dropping, in some instances. In this activity, you'll get hands-on practice with managing multiple PowerPoint presentations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PowerPoint: Skills Development & Training course
- Introduction to the PowerPoint Tool Bar
- Create and Manage Presentations in PowerPoint
- Printing and Sharing Your Presentation
- Create Slide Content in PowerPoint
- Insert, Format, Order, and Group Shapes & Slides in PowerPoint
- Apply Transitions and Animations in PowerPoint
- Manage Multiple Presentations
- PowerPoint Best Practices