About This Chapter
Practicing Workplace Ethics - Chapter Summary
These engaging video lessons delve into the qualities and skills essential for employees to practice ethical workplace behavior. Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Character traits that contribute to workplace ethics
- Communicating ethically in a business environment
- Making ethically sound decisions
- Ethical leadership skills
- Techniques to manage ethical workplace behavior
Our experienced instructors provide compelling presentations on workplace ethics using fun visuals and practical examples to make your employees' learning experience easy. Each video is only about five minutes long and can be watched on a mobile device as well as on a desktop or laptop. Quizzes and a chapter exam are available to check employees' comprehension of lesson materials.
How It Helps
- Enhances good judgement: These video lessons will help employees think through the ethical dimensions of their conduct and business decisions.
- Improves teamwork: By learning the importance of ethical communication and building trust with co-workers, employees will be able to work more effectively with other team members.
- Increases accountability: The lessons in this chapter focus on personal integrity in the workplace and encourage employees to take responsibility for any mistakes.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Identify character traits that lead to an ethical workplace culture
- Detail how ethical communication leads to stronger relationships with co-workers
- Explain the process for making ethical business decisions
- Define the leadership skills that promote an ethical work environment
- Describe how managers can command ethical workplace behavior
1. Business Ethics: The Six Pillars of Character
In this lesson, we'll discuss the process for making ethical decisions. We'll also explore the six pillars of character and how to promote and implement them in the workplace.
2. Ethical Communication in the Workplace
In this lesson, we'll discuss the meaning of ethical communication, typical communication situations in a business environment, examples of unethical communication, and why ethical communication is important in business environments.
3. Ethical Decision Making
We have to make decisions every day, and many of these decisions have an ethical dimension. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical decision-making and a process you can use to make ethically sound decisions. A short quiz follows.
4. Practical Application: Ethical Decision Making in Business
Some business decisions are simple, but some involve ethical consideration. Read and analyze some scenarios to practice identifying, evaluating, and making ethical decisions at work.
5. The Importance of Ethical Leadership Skills
Ethical leadership is not only important because it leads to financial and strategic success for organizations, it's important because it's the right thing for the greater good. In this lesson, we'll discuss why ethical leadership is so critical.
6. Managing Ethical Behavior in the Workplace
Ethics are important in the business world. In this lesson, you will learn the techniques that managers use to command ethical behavior in the workplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Practicing Ethical Behavior in the Workplace course