About This Chapter
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Writing Flashcards - Summary
This chapter provides simple and easy-to-use study flashcards that are aligned with concepts that appear on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators exam. The flashcards can be accessed on any computer or mobile device, and they're designed to quickly improve your understanding of the types of writing concepts you need to know in order to pass the test. As you flip through these flashcards, you'll review writing-related topics like:
- Essay focus and organization
- Idea development
- Written arguments
- Explanatory and informative texts
- Sentence structure, grammar, word choice and mechanics
- Research methods
How They Work
Flashcards can be valuable studying tools for writing. To make sure you're able to effectively memorize these Praxis writing concepts, follow the steps we've outlined below:
- Open a flashcard set for the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Writing topic you're studying.
- Identify the writing term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Focusing Your Essay
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Essay Organization
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Writing Arguments
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Informative and Explanatory Texts
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Language and Sentence Structure
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Grammar
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Structural Relationships
Flashcards - Praxis I Writing: Mechanics
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Writing (5722, 5723): Study Guide & Practice course
- About the Praxis Writing Core Academic Test
- Praxis I Writing: Focusing Your Essay
- Praxis I Writing: Essay Organization
- Praxis I Writing: Writing Arguments
- Praxis I Writing: Informative and Explanatory Texts
- Praxis I Writing: Language and Sentence Structure
- Praxis I Writing: Grammar
- Praxis I Writing: Structural Relationships
- Praxis I Writing: Word Choice
- Praxis I Writing: Mechanics
- Praxis I Writing: Research Skills