About This Chapter
Praxis Early Childhood Education: Spatial Processes - Chapter Summary
Explore the video lessons in this chapter to help you get a better grasp of spatial processes as you prepare to take the Praxis Early Childhood Education test. The videos address the following to help you competently answer questions on the test:
- Defining spatial processes
- Identifying types of spatial processes
- Analyzing human spatial behavior
- Understanding spatial interaction through movement
- Defining cultural diffusion
The instructors in the video lessons make learning about spatial process fun through the use of entertaining visual effects. The lessons offer a comprehensive look at the subject to help boost your confidence as you prepare to take the assessment.
Objectives of the Praxis Early Childhood Education: Spatial Processes Chapter
The purpose of the Praxis Early Childhood Education test is to assess your readiness to teach early childhood education. It also determines whether you're qualified to secure teaching licensure or certification in your state. The topics covered in this Praxis Early Childhood Education: Spatial Processes chapter are located in the social studies portion of the exam, which is approximately 17 questions and constitutes 13% of the test. You can use this chapter's video lessons to get a better grasp of the concept and take lesson quizzes to get an idea of the types of questions you'll face on the actual exam.
All of the questions on this Praxis Subject Assessment test are selected-response and typically come in the form of short paragraphs, sentences or questions. Following each question is a set of four answers, one of which you will select as the correct response to the question posed.
1. Spatial Processes: Definition & Types
How did you end up moving to where you live right now? This lesson looks at the processes of geography that helps to explain why certain physical and cultural movement occurs, such as migration and settlement patterns.
2. Behavioral Geography: Human Spatial Behavior
How do you decide whether it's worth traveling somewhere? This lesson focuses on how individuals make decisions related to spatial interactions, such as whether it's too far to travel to a place or not.
3. Spatial Interaction Through Movement: Causes & Examples
In this lesson, you'll consider how geographers examine the flow of products, information, and people. You'll also learn what spatial interaction has to do with you wanting to see your favorite group in concert.
4. Cultural Diffusion: Definition, Expansion & Popular Cultures
In this lesson, we'll use the examples of viral videos, hip hop, and yoga to explore how culture is diffused and expanded. We'll also look at how the Internet impacts our understanding of popular culture.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Instructional Strategies for Teachers: Help & Review course
- Effective Teaching Strategies: Help & Review
- Instructional Strategies: Help & Review
- Strategies for Differentiating Content: Help & Review
- Assessment Strategies for Teachers: Help & Review
- Types of Assessments: Help & Review
- Strategies for Diverse Learning Environments: Help & Review
- Student Learning and Motivation: Help & Review
- Technology in the Classroom: Help & Review
- The Professional Educator
- Collaborating with Parents & the Community
- School Staff Evaluation & Development
- Creating a Safe School Environment
- Praxis Early Childhood Education: Learning Disorders
- Praxis Early Childhood Education: Spelling Development
- Praxis Early Childhood Education: Sentence Structure
- Praxis Early Childhood Education: Punctuation
- Praxis Early Childhood Education: Writing Conventions
- Praxis Early Childhood Education: Geography Overview