About This Chapter
Praxis I Math: Rates - Chapter Summary
This chapter explains how to find the unit rate. It also teaches you how to find the constant and average rates in preparation for the Praxis I Math test. At the end of this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Find the unit rate
- Identify the average and constant rates
- Solve problems with rates
Use the convenient dashboard to keep track of your progress. The timeline keywords are an easy way to jump right to important parts of the video lessons.
1. How to Find the Unit Rate
If we are going to use math to predict outcomes, one of the most useful measures we can establish is the unit rate of change. In this lesson, you'll learn how to find the rate of change and apply the formula to real-life examples.
2. Finding Constant and Average Rates
Watch this video lesson to learn the differences between constant and average rates. You will learn the steps you need to take to find them and get two great visuals you can keep in mind to help you solve these rate problems.
3. Solving Problems Using Rates
In this video lesson, learn how to set up rate problems so you can easily solve them. You will become familiar with the rate formula and you will see how easy it is to use.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics (5733): Study Guide & Practice course
- About the Praxis Math Core Test
- Praxis I Math: Integers, Fractions & Decimals
- Praxis I Math: Percents
- Praxis I Math: Properties of Whole Numbers
- Praxis I Math: Solving Real-Life Problems
- Praxis I Math: Units, Conversion & Measurements
- Praxis I Math: Data & Statistics
- Praxis I Math: Properties of Basic Operations
- Praxis I Math: Algebra
- Praxis I Math: Linear & Quadratic Equations
- Praxis I Math: Geometry
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Math Flashcards