About This Chapter
Praxis Business Education: Computer Applications - Chapter Summary
Practice using various computer applications that can be helpful for communication, research, decision-making and problem-solving. Be ready to demonstrate your experience and ease with using applications on your Praxis Business Education test. Reviewing the following computer applications topics can help you prepare for test day:
- Communication software
- Office Suite applications
- Word processing and desktop publishing software
- Graphic Suites and presentation software
- Spreadsheet and database software
Work your way through the informative video lessons, until FTP, dBase and Lotus 1-2-3 no longer feel like part of an unknown language. Complete the quick quizzes to check for mastery.
Praxis Business Education: Computer Applications Objectives
The information technology portion of your Praxis Business Education exam composes approximately 15% of the entire test, which includes about 18 of the total 120 multiple-choice questions. Review the following topics in preparation:
- Operations and concepts, including software
- Human factors, including layout and physical design
- Technology tools, including database, word processing, spreadsheet, multimedia, desktop publishing, programming and design applications
Once you've worked your way through this chapter addressing computer applications, make sure that you look for our other information technology chapters to prepare fully for this important section of your test.
1. Microsoft Office and Open Office: Office Suite Applications
Office suite software is a collection of commonly used applications. It typically includes word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software. Learn how these applications work together to increase productivity in this video lesson.
2. Desktop Publishing & Word Processing Software: MS Word, InDesign & WordPerfect
Word processing software is used to create and manipulate the text in a document. More sophisticated design can be accomplished using desktop publishing software, as we'll learn in this lesson.
3. Presentation Software & Graphic Suites: Purpose & Examples
To make an impact on your audience, you not only need a strong message, you also need strong visuals. Learn how presentation and illustration software helps you make an impact when showing your work.
4. Database and Spreadsheet Software: Excel, Access, dBase & Lotus 1-2-3
Spreadsheet software and database software are both used to organize and manipulate data. Each application has its own unique strengths. Learn about the functionality of both types of software.
5. Communication Software: Purpose & Examples
You use communication software every day, from E-mail to texting. In this lesson, we'll review the purpose of communication software and provide examples of its use in modern systems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Business Education - Content Knowledge (5101): Practice & Study Guide course
- Praxis Business: Accounting
- Praxis Business: Personal Finance
- Praxis Business: Business Finance
- Praxis Business: Foundations of Communication
- Praxis Business: Written & Oral Communication
- Praxis Business: Employment Communication & Career Research
- Praxis Business: Economic Allocation of Resources
- Praxis Business: Economic Systems & Market Structures
- Praxis Business: Role of the Government in Economics
- Praxis Business: Economic Indicators of Growth
- Praxis Business: Entrepreneurship
- Praxis Business: Information Technology Operations and Concepts
- Praxis Business: Technology Tools
- Praxis Business: Programming & Design
- Praxis Business: Foundations of International Business
- Praxis Business: International Business Environment
- Praxis Business: Contract Law
- Praxis Business: Consumer & Computer Law
- Praxis Business: US Court System
- Praxis Business: Marketing
- Praxis Business: Management
- Praxis: Professional Business Education
- Praxis Business Education: Content Knowledge Flashcards