About This Chapter
Praxis Business Education: Consumer and Computer Law - Chapter Summary
Your review for the business content knowledge Praxis can include the user-friendly video lessons in this chapter that combines these two law-related topic areas. Mull over the significant challenges that technology has brought to the promise of privacy. The following concepts are included in the chapter:
- Product liability, rights and laws
- Privacy and credit protection
- Technology's effects on privacy
- Open source software and intellectual property
- Effects of m-commerce and e-commerce on consumer privacy and fraud
Watch each short video and complete the quiz at the end, getting some experience with the sort of questions you might find on the exam. Revisit any topics that may need further attention.
Praxis Business Education: Consumer and Computer Law Objectives
Your test will include approximately 18 questions that analyze your knowledge of law and international business topics, which is about 15% of the 120-question exam. In addition to consumer and computer law, this portion also tests your understanding of the following objectives:
- Foundations, role and impact of international business
- Legal, economic, cultural, social and political factors of the international business environment
- Impact of a country's infrastructure
- Contract law
- Trade agreements, imports/exports, trade relations, balance of trade and trade barriers
- United States court system
This chapter will help you prepare for test questions related to computer and consumer law. Use the lessons addressing the additional topics listed above to get ready for the entire law and international business portion of the Praxis.
1. What Is Consumer Protection? - Product Liability, Laws & Rights
Consumer protection refers to the laws and other forms of government regulation designed to protect consumers. One form of consumer protection is product liability. This lesson explains consumer protection and product liability.
2. What Is Credit Protection? - Laws & Services
Credit protection is a form of consumer protection that is designed to help preserve credit health for both individuals and businesses. This lesson discusses the laws and services involved in credit protection as well as the FTC's role.
3. What Is Privacy Protection? - Laws & Rights
Financial privacy protection is a form of consumer protection. It's designed to protect consumer information held by financial institutions. This lesson discusses financial privacy protection and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
4. Impact of Technology on Privacy
Technology has a number of social and ethical implications that cause debate and concern. One specific issue is privacy. Information technology has opened up society and decreased privacy. This lesson will explore a number of privacy issues that are of concern, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
5. Intellectual Property and Open Source Software: Issues and Concerns
One of the defining issues of the Internet era is intellectual property rights. The Internet has made it easy to access digital media and illegally copy it. This lesson will discuss intellectual property including protections through copyrights, trademarks and patents. We will also explore the open source movement and the growing trend toward free, unprotected software.
6. Impact of e-Commerce and m-Commerce on Consumer Privacy and Fraud
There are a number of challenges in the world of e-commerce and m-commerce stemming from the ease of information exchange over the Internet. The issues discussed in this lesson include consumer privacy and fraud.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Business Education - Content Knowledge (5101): Practice & Study Guide course
- Praxis Business: Accounting
- Praxis Business: Personal Finance
- Praxis Business: Business Finance
- Praxis Business: Foundations of Communication
- Praxis Business: Written & Oral Communication
- Praxis Business: Employment Communication & Career Research
- Praxis Business: Economic Allocation of Resources
- Praxis Business: Economic Systems & Market Structures
- Praxis Business: Role of the Government in Economics
- Praxis Business: Economic Indicators of Growth
- Praxis Business: Entrepreneurship
- Praxis Business: Information Technology Operations and Concepts
- Praxis Business: Technology Tools
- Praxis Business: Computer Applications
- Praxis Business: Programming & Design
- Praxis Business: Foundations of International Business
- Praxis Business: International Business Environment
- Praxis Business: Contract Law
- Praxis Business: US Court System
- Praxis Business: Marketing
- Praxis Business: Management
- Praxis: Professional Business Education
- Praxis Business Education: Content Knowledge Flashcards