About This Chapter
Praxis Business Education: Employment Communication & Career Research - Chapter Summary
Use the study materials included in this chapter to prepare for career development questions found on the Praxis Business Education exam. Our instructors show you with what it takes to:
- Create a resume and cover letter
- Avoid common job application mistakes
- Prepare for a job interview
- Conduct career assessments
- Use online career research tools
- Examine career development systems
The Praxis Business Education exam contains two hours worth of test questions. To help you tackle them, we've put together a collection of lessons that allows you to focus on one test subject at a time. Both the instructional videos and transcripts included here are also structured so that you can work at your own pace, and the self-assessment quizzes are useful for assessing your command of each topic before moving on to the next lesson.
Praxis Business Education: Employment Communication & Career Research Objectives
Scores on the Praxis Business Education test will be used to determine your eligibility for a subject area teaching credential in states that use this exam as part of the licensing process. Around 15% of the exam's 120 multiple-choice questions are found in the communication and career development content domain. Get ready for them with this chapter's lessons covering resumes, cover letters, career search tools and other resources individuals use to research and land a job.
1. How to Create a Great Resume and Cover Letter
The first impression that a company has of you is your resume and cover letter. But how can you make them stand out from the crowd? Watch this lesson for tips on how to create a winning resume and cover letter.
2. How to Avoid Common Job Application Mistakes
Applying for jobs can be a stressful time but knowing the common mistakes that people make during the application process can help lessen the stress. In this lesson, we'll look at common mistakes people make before and during a job interview.
3. Job Interviews: Types & Common Questions
Everyone who works for someone else probably had to undergo the dreaded job interview. In this lesson, you'll learn about types of interviews and examples of some common questions. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
4. Career Assessments: Types & Benefits
There are many career choices out there. How do you decide which one is right for you? In this lesson, we'll examine the different types of career assessments and how they can help you choose the best career.
5. Online Career Research Tools
How do you figure out what career is right for you? And, once you know, how do you find out more about that career? In this lesson, we'll look at some types of online career research tools that allow people to find out more about different careers.
6. What Is Career Management and Development? - Definition and Purpose
Companies can invest in both their managers and employees through career management and development systems. These programs offer counseling, planning and workshops to help employees manage their careers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Business Education - Content Knowledge (5101): Practice & Study Guide course
- Praxis Business: Accounting
- Praxis Business: Personal Finance
- Praxis Business: Business Finance
- Praxis Business: Foundations of Communication
- Praxis Business: Written & Oral Communication
- Praxis Business: Economic Allocation of Resources
- Praxis Business: Economic Systems & Market Structures
- Praxis Business: Role of the Government in Economics
- Praxis Business: Economic Indicators of Growth
- Praxis Business: Entrepreneurship
- Praxis Business: Information Technology Operations and Concepts
- Praxis Business: Technology Tools
- Praxis Business: Computer Applications
- Praxis Business: Programming & Design
- Praxis Business: Foundations of International Business
- Praxis Business: International Business Environment
- Praxis Business: Contract Law
- Praxis Business: Consumer & Computer Law
- Praxis Business: US Court System
- Praxis Business: Marketing
- Praxis Business: Management
- Praxis: Professional Business Education
- Praxis Business Education: Content Knowledge Flashcards