About This Chapter
Praxis Business Education: Employment Communication & Career Research - Chapter Summary
Use the study materials included in this chapter to prepare for career development questions found on the Praxis Business Education exam. Our instructors show you with what it takes to:
- Create a resume and cover letter
- Avoid common job application mistakes
- Prepare for a job interview
- Conduct career assessments
- Use online career research tools
- Examine career development systems
The Praxis Business Education exam contains two hours worth of test questions. To help you tackle them, we've put together a collection of lessons that allows you to focus on one test subject at a time. Both the instructional videos and transcripts included here are also structured so that you can work at your own pace, and the self-assessment quizzes are useful for assessing your command of each topic before moving on to the next lesson.
Praxis Business Education: Employment Communication & Career Research Objectives
Scores on the Praxis Business Education test will be used to determine your eligibility for a subject area teaching credential in states that use this exam as part of the licensing process. Around 15% of the exam's 120 multiple-choice questions are found in the communication and career development content domain. Get ready for them with this chapter's lessons covering resumes, cover letters, career search tools and other resources individuals use to research and land a job.
1. How to Create a Great Resume and Cover Letter
Creating a great resume and cover letter is an important step in job search processes. Learn about fundamental components of job-specific cover letters & how to use industry buzzwords to create a strong resume.
2. How to Avoid Common Job Application Mistakes
The job application process is one that commonly involves sending a resume and cover letter to a potential employees, going to job interviews and then negotiating and accepting a job offer. Learn more about the ways to prepare for the job application process, common mistakes to avoid, and tips that can help secure a job.
3. Job Interviews: Types & Common Questions
In the workforce, job interviews are conducted in order for an organization to select the right candidate for a job. Explore more about job interviews, including the four main types of interviews and the common questions asked.
4. Career Assessments: Types & Benefits
Career assessments consist of survey or test material that assigns potential careers based on the reported personality, interest, skills, and values. See the benefits of types of personality tests, interest inventories, skills assessments, and value assessments commonly used.
5. Online Career Research Tools
In finding the best career, the use of online career research tools can help narrow down options and make the choice easier. Explore more about online career research tools, including career assessments, career outlook, and networking with online communities.
6. What Is Career Management and Development? - Definition and Purpose
A company's programs, workshops and counseling that help employees manage their careers is their Career Management and Development System. Explore its purpose, and benefits for the employee, managers, and organization at large.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Praxis Business Education: Content Knowledge (5101) Prep course
- Praxis Business: Accounting
- Praxis Business: Personal Finance
- Praxis Business: Business Finance
- Praxis Business: Foundations of Communication
- Praxis Business: Written & Oral Communication
- Praxis Business: Economic Allocation of Resources
- Praxis Business: Economic Systems & Market Structures
- Praxis Business: Role of the Government in Economics
- Praxis Business: Economic Indicators of Growth
- Praxis Business: Entrepreneurship
- Praxis Business: Information Technology Operations and Concepts
- Praxis Business: Technology Tools
- Praxis Business: Computer Applications
- Praxis Business: Programming & Design
- Praxis Business: Foundations of International Business
- Praxis Business: International Business Environment
- Praxis Business: Contract Law
- Praxis Business: Consumer & Computer Law
- Praxis Business: US Court System
- Praxis Business: Marketing
- Praxis Business: Management
- Praxis: Professional Business Education
- Praxis Business Education: Content Knowledge Flashcards